5 Reasons To Workout Even If You Don't Want To

Just get off that couch.

14

Sometimes getting ourselves out of bed and up to workout is hard. You have to decide between exercising or getting that extra hour of sleep. Extra hours of sleep are nice, but here are some reasons why working out is even better:

1. It relieves stress

As college students, it is getting close to that time in the semester where our lives get chaotic (if they weren't enough already). A month from now we will all be stressing about finals. Therefore, going and working out is a perfect way to release that built up stress. You can take a break and take your mind off studying for a little while.

2. It makes you feel happy

You know how people talk about that high you get when you work out? Well, it is totally true. Working out releases endorphins, which make you happy.

3. You can get rid of your anger

There are just some days where nothing goes right and we just want to scream. But instead of screaming or doing anything else, you can just workout. Whether it is lifting weights, running, or kick boxing, working out is a great way to get the anger out.

4. You can eat more

When you workout, you burn a lot of calories. The only way to get back those calories is to eat more. You would think that people who workout eat less and want to be healthier, but that isn't always true. Some people work out so they can eat more of what they want.

5. You become a healthier person

By working out you can improve your health tremendously. Exercising now will help you tone your body and improve the strength of your body. Your muscles, joints, and ligaments can all get stronger and work a lot better. Trust me, they will thank you later.

Overall, working out is something that improves your health and wellness. It makes you feel great and accomplished after. Although it may be something you don't want to do, exercising is great for you in the long run.