5 Reasons You Should Reread Your Favorite Book

5 Reasons To Go Reread Your Favorite Book Right Now

You know your favorite book? Well, go read it... like, right now.

34

With so many new books coming out, sometimes it is easy to get caught up in all the novelty (puns) and forget to return to your true blue favorites. However, with all the originality there is in enjoying a new book, there's an undeniable magic in returning to books that previously captivated you... whether that be a month ago or 10 years ago.

1. Reenter your favorite world

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm0uZHJA_wO/?tagged=hogwarts

Whether it be fantastical or from planet Earth, diving back into your favorite world is a brilliant way to escape reality and remember that there is more than what surrounds you.

2. Revisit your favorite characters

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm0VEnPFV65/?tagged=hungergames

Whether it's because you relate deeply to them, or maybe you are polar opposites, but diving back into the minds of your favorite characters is not only fun but also allows you to gain empathy for situations that may not be similar to your own experiences.

3. Find the things you previously overlooked

While being caught up in a book for the first time, it can be easy to speed read and miss key details. However, when rereading, you already know the big plot points and can take your time, catching small details that enrich the story even more.

4. Get new meaning

Chances are, you are at a very different point in your life than the last time you read this book, which means that there is a high probability that your thoughts and opinions on the exact same scenes or dialogues have changed vastly between readings. These changes in perspective can help you grasp how you as a person have grown throughout time and how your values have changed. Things you didn't understand fully the first time may hit you over the head this go around. You may outgrow scenes and relationships that you previously adored. Rereading helps you figure out how you are changing and growing in time, sometimes without you even noticing it.

5. Remind yourself what you love about reading

Whether it's because life has simply become too busy or maybe you just haven't read any good books lately, sometimes reading doesn't have the appeal to you that it once did. However, rereading a book that you remember loving so much can rekindle the joy that comes with delving into another world, another reality. It can take you back to a simpler time and place where joy and imagination are all you ever needed.