5 Reasons To Go To The Gym

The gym. A place so many people always say they are going to go, but the majority of those people never actually go. In my experience, the hardest part of going to the gym is actually getting up and going. If you can keep yourself motivated enough to actually go, you will be happy you went.

1. The more you go, the more results you will see

The main reason why people stop going to the gym is because the results are not immediate. You can't expect to go to the gym two days in a row and have the body that you have always dreamed of having. It takes time, hard work, and dedication. If you keep going, you will see results. You have to be patient.

2. It's a stress reliever

When I have 4 papers due, 3 tests to study for, homework to get done, and I have to go to work, the gym is my life saver. Just an hour at the gym and it's like I have completely worked off all of my stress. It makes all of those things I have to do feel less overwhelming.

3. The gym is not a place where people go to judge one another

So many people are terrified to go to the gym all because they are afraid of being judged or made fun of. In my experience, people are at the gym to better themselves, not to watch whatever it is that you're going. I could probably walk right past my best friend at the gym and not even notice because I am so focused on what I am doing.

4. It's the best way to get in shape if you don't know what you're doing

If you want to get in shape but don't know how to, go to the gym! In every gym I have ever been in, the machines all have pictures and instructions on them to show you how to do the exercise properly before you start. Also, if you are confused about anything, that's what the staff is for! They're there to help you and to answer your questions. Some gyms even have fitness trainers to help you customize a workout routine that will work for you and whatever your goals are.

5. It builds confidence

Just getting in an hour long workout in the middle of my busy day is enough to boost my confidence. I always feel better and proud of myself just for going and working my hardest. Sometimes it is honestly the best part of my day.