5 Reasons To Go Alpha Delta Pi

5 Reasons To Go Alpha Delta Pi

I could name a million, but you'd never read it.

548
Nina Hebrank

You've probably seen an article like this a billion times, but do you know what makes this one different? I genuinely believe that Alpha Delta Pi is a sorority for everyone.

You see some sororities that all look the same: some are all blonde, some are all athletic, some are all tan, etc. In Alpha Delta Pi, we have girls from all walks of life, and that's what makes us special. Going through recruitment can be so, unbelievably scary. I get it. I've been on both sides of the experience now. There's one thing you're going to find at ADPi, we're all genuine and love our sisters and sorority.

Now I'm not bashing other sororities, not at all. I loved so many houses when I went through recruitment myself, but there are reasons I chose ADPi above the rest.

Here are the reasons:

1. I felt at home

They tell you to take notes after every house on open house days because you have so many conversations and meet so many amazing women; all of this is true. However, after visiting ADPi, I didn't need to take notes. The conversations flowed and they were all memorable. I felt completely in my element as soon as I got picked up by an active member at the door. I remembered everything from what they were wearing to the names of every girl that talked to me.

2. Every girl I met was genuine and easy to talk to

What is so difficult about recruitment is the repeated conversations in each house that make the days all blend together. "What dorm do you live in?" "Why do you want to be in this sorority?" "Where are you from?" All this stuff. Of course, those are the questions to get to know a girl, but if every question makes it seem like an interview, it probably won't make an impression on the PNM (potential new member).

3. They went above and beyond to ensure that I felt wanted and special

As I sat in my seat twiddling my thumbs and being my nervous self, the president approached me and said, "Nina we're so glad you joined us again today! When I saw your name on the list we all got so excited!" It was then that I knew I wanted to be in ADPi. Not because of what she said, but how she said it. She said it with sincerity and happiness in her voice. I wanted to be friends with her and people like her. Throughout the week, she kept approaching me to remind me how important I was and how I'd make a perfect fit as an Alpha Delta Pi sister.

4. I could tell being in a sorority meant more to them than it did on the surface

Coming from an all-girls high school, I wanted to have some of that same experience in college. I didn't just want a group of friends to go out with on the weekends, I wanted to meet the friends that I would want as my bridesmaids, friends that will stay in touch even after we graduated. I could tell within a week of joining Alpha Delta Pi that I would find these women in no time.

5. They're just as service-driven as I am

I honestly didn't know going into my freshman year if I was going to be as service-driven as I was in high school, or even if other girls would care about their philanthropy. Man was I wrong. It seems that every girl in the chapter is eager to spend time at the Ronald McDonald House and to raise money for it. It's so exciting to be motivated by and with your sisters to better yourself and help the community. Now, I'm 2x as involved with my philanthropic pursuits than I was in high school.

As you can see, Alpha Delta Pi has changed me for the better. I hope when you go through recruitment, you keep these points in the back of your mind. Trust me, you'll come to find that you'll be able to make your own list of why ADPi should be your home.