5 Reasons the Return of Starbucks Red Cups Should Make Your Heart Happy

'Tis the deliciously caffeinated season.

13

It’s that magical time of year! That’s right, it’s Starbucks “Red Cup” season!

Halloween is over (although eating leftover candy is still a daily staple) and while some are still saying a bittersweet farewell to all things pumpkin spice, it also means the rest of the holiday season has officially arrived. “Big deal,” some of you might be thinking — and yes, you would be right, it is a big deal. Here are five reasons that the return of the Starbucks red cups is so important.

1. They epitomize winter.

Starbucks announced the comeback of their signature red cups on November 1st, and while it’s not actually winter yet, the cups mark the start of a new season: “Red Cup” season. For many of us, these cups are more than cups. They are a symbol of everything winter, and are as essential as building a snowman, a winter coat or listening to Michael Bublé’s Christmas album for two months straight.

2. The Peppermint Mocha.

Need I say more? Probably not, but I’m going to anyway. If you could liquefy the season of winter and put it in a beautifully packaged red cup, it would be Peppermint Mocha. There is no drink that defines winter more than Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks. Just sipping on one from a seasonal red cup evokes holiday cheer. Whether you drink it hot or cold, there's just something so deliciously satisfying about that refreshing dose of minty chocolate.

3. They’re the perfect hand warmer.

Depending on where you live, it can get downright freezing in the winter. I think we all know the struggle of waking up for an 8:30 class when it’s nearing the negatives outside. Thankfully, holding a grande Chestnut Praline Latte is the best, and most delicious way to warm you up during those cold treks to that tedious early morning lecture.

4. They provide the perfect Instagram pictures.

Say what you want about “basic” girls, but they have the cute coffee pictures down to a science. Starbucks has even created a contest on Instagram centered on this phenomenon. If you caption your picture with “#redcupcontest” and upload it to Instagram you could win a gift card so you’re able to buy more Eggnog and Gingerbread Latte’s. Who doesn’t want that?

5. They signal that the end is near.

We’re almost done! Yay! How do I know this? When Starbucks launches those red cups it means that we’re officially submerged in the holiday season. Unfortunately, the end of the semester means late nights and cramming for finals, but during those last minute study sessions, you can enjoy one of those delicious holiday beverages. There’s a month left in this semester, which means a months worth of red cups. You can do it!

Oh, and in case I haven’t mentioned it, red cups are back!