5 Reasons Odyssey's Platform Is Important

1. It gives people a voice.

22

While Odyssey is not perfect, what company actually is? Every company in the world could be improved, but you will also never be able to please everybody. So, while yes there are issues, there are some actually some very good reasons Odyssey is an important platform.

1. It gives people a voice.

While my page may not get many views, and some of my articles barely reach 30, it gives me a voice to write my opinions, likes, dislikes and everything in between. It gives everyone a voice to talk about what is important to them, and that is important. It is important that everyone in the world has a place that they can write/say what they feel is important, and not be censored.

2. It connects people.

People from my school and other schools share experiences, thoughts, and ideas. It shows that a thought is not just yours and someone may share the same experience with you. Having a group of people similar to you is important.

3. It opens the discussion.

While you may be just another face on Odyssey to other creators, sometimes that's a good thing. Being almost autonomous can help people not be afraid to talk about something. It helps open people's minds and see from a new perspective.

4. It promotes creativity.

Many school work assignments leave no room for an individual to put their own spin on things and get creative. Odyssey allows the writers to be as creative as they want, writing whatever they want, with no boundaries.

5. It allows important topics to be highlighted.

Many authors write about serious, important topics, and those topics get highlighted so people can learn about them, and find out about topics they did not know were currently happening.