5 Reasons Why Music Is Awesome

5 Reasons Why Music Is Awesome

Music is in the air (and our headphones).

858
5 Reasons Why Music Is Awesome
Huffpost

I love listening to music. Whether I’m studying away at the library or relaxing in my room, I usually have headphones on. Most of us listen to music at some point in the day, even if it is just to block out noisy people. One thing we often don’t think about, however, is why music is so awesome. Here are five reasons why I believe music is awesome.

1. Music Can Fit Any Mood

Music is extremely diverse; there are a variety of songs, genres, and artists out there. This means that there is a song out there to fit any mood, whether it be happy, sad, or angry. Anyone who has gone through a bad break up may have listened to some sort of break up playlist to fit their sad, heartbroken feelings. If you don’t feel like listening to an upbeat, electronic song while you are crying, it is easy to find a slower song to match how you are feeling.

2. Music Can Cheer You Up

Maybe you are tired of feeling upset and don’t want to listen to music that will make your mood worse. Well, music can help to cheer you up! I know that when I’m upset, playing my jams always helps me to get in a good mood. Playing your favorite songs and artists is always a great way to feel happy and pumped up, even when you have hours of studying in front of you. Dancing and singing along to your favorite songs can help keep up your good vibes; how could someone still be upset when singing and dancing?

3. Music Brings Back Memories

Because music is so prevalent in our lives, many songs that we hear have a memory associated with them. Maybe there is that one song that brings back memories of driving around with your friends in the summertime, singing with the windows open. Or those songs that were played at all the middle school dances and make you remember hanging out with your friends or your awkward first slow dance. Whatever the case, we all have those songs that remind us of moments in the past, whether they are good, bad, or, in the case of awkward middle school dances, cringe-worthy.

4. Music Brings People Together

One of the best things ever is finding out that someone listens to the same music as you. Finding someone with similar music taste can lead to making a new friend or discussions about bands, artists, and songs. People often suggest artists and songs to others and discuss new music that is out by artists they like. Music and musicians are talked about a lot in pop culture, so people often talk about music news with each other as well. For those out there who play instruments, music can bring people with common interests together through forming a band or orchestra.

5. Music is meaningful

A cool thing about music is the meaning it has. Songs can have different meanings to different people; everyone has their own way of interpreting lyrics. I personally love trying to figure out what songs mean; I find it so interesting how song lyrics can have either a clear or hidden meaning. Music is also meaningful in that songs can be super relatable, either to our own lives or things that we observe in life. We all probably know songs that remind us of certain people or places. The connection that music has to our lives helps to give it an even deeper meaning.