5 Reasons To Mind Your Own Business

5 Reasons To Mind Your Own Business

A quick list that can bring you peace.

3555
5 Reasons To Mind Your Own Business
Patheos.com

For some of us, high school was just yesterday; for others, it was a few years ago. But, if there is one lesson every single one of us has learned, it is that not everyone has your best interest at heart and most people love bringing you into their drama. So, here are five reasons why you should (cue Kevin Hart reference here) mind your own business!

1. First and most importantly, you will have way less drama in your life.

OK, I get it, listening to your friends gossip and chiming in with your own opinion is way too much fun to let go of. It's natural for us to want to talk about our frustrations with other people. But, that doesn't mean you should get in someone's face and yell at them for doing something you don't like. If the girl at the club is wearing a skirt that is way too short for your taste, so be it. She spent her money on that skirt, not yours. Mind your own business and maybe you won't get into a bar fight with said girl.

2. You get to smile more!

This goes hand in hand with the drama thing. Because you're minding your own business, you're not worried about what "Tanya" said to "Martha" about your lip gloss. You're more worried about what movie you and "Sarah" are going to watch when you get home. You have less negative conversation and more positive interactions!

3. You are in control of your social life.

Do you remember being in that amazing friend group of 10 people, right? But do you also remember how they all vanished and now you only have a couple of friends? Well, it's possible some people in that group were not minding their own business! You all more than likely went through the "he said, she said" drama (more than once) - and during each dramatic session, someone from your friend group dropped. And a couple of you probably cried or expressed some sort of distress as your closest friend stopped being your friend. When you mind your own business, you get to remove yourself from those situations and keep the friendships that you value rather than having to choose sides!

4. You have more time for yourself!

So maybe some of us dont like to spend every night home binge watching "Dexter" (guilty), but, alone time is great for the mind and soul! When you mind your own business you become less of a therapist to everyone and their mother and more of a friend to them. Yes, they'll still count on you to listen, but chances are they won't blow up your cellphone at 3 a.m., yelling about "Tanya" and her groupies. Instead, you'll get a good night's rest and still get your dose of gossip when you need it! (Minus the getting heavily involved!)

5. You will be at peace.

OK, so this list has brought us to this point. If you mind your business, you won't have to watch what you say around who you're with. You won't have to worry about any backstabbing females (or males) stealing your significant other. You even get to pick and choose what drama you're going to listen to. To top it off, you won't be dragged into any drama and you can just listen.

Hopefully this list helps you become more peaceful. You don't need all of that drama, because at the end, the only person you need is yourself - none of the drama you're being dragged into will help you grow as a person. So, keep your head up and mind your own business!