5 Reasons Lisa Simpson Is A Feminist Icon

Lisa Simpson is the head of the feminist movement in cartoon characters.

993
bigheadbiggerheart

We all know who the the Simpsons are, I think we've probably all seen at least one episode in our lifetime but sometime I don't think the characters get the credit they deserve because they are cartoons. Lisa Simpson specifically is a very admirable character standing up for feminism integrity, and bring up important topic that are often ignored. In my opinion Lisa Simpson is the perfect representation of feminism and here's why;

1.

This is one of the most important episodes in my opinion. Lisa Simpson makes her own doll Lionheart Lisa after Malibu Stacy put out a doll that talked that said sexist statements such as "I wish they taught shopping in school." and "Let's bake cookies for the boys." basically portraying that this is what women are expected to do. Lisa Simpson once again standing up for the right to be whoever you want.

2.

Lisa Simpson just isn't about female rights she's about everyone being equal and doing what is right and that is what feminism is, equality among everyone. She is not just a role model for girls, she is a strong character who could be anyone's role model.

3.

Lisa Simpson speaks her mind and she's not afraid to do it. Not only just feminist issues but everything she believes is important. I think if we could all be a little more lie Lisa Simpson maybe we could start seeing the changes we want to see.

4.

She knows her worth. Lisa Simpson made it very clear in more than one episode that if a man doesn't respect her and appreciate her for who she is then doesn't need a man. And that doesn't just go for females that goes for anybody. Don't change who you are for someone else.

5.

At the end of the day Lisa Simpson is still a little girl who is only human. She cares about what she looks like, she want fit in, she cares about how she is perceived and that's normal. I think that's why she is such a great role made for feminism. Standing up for what is right for not only women but for all, but still realizing it's okay to sometimes be a "typical" girl.