5 Reasons Hilary Duff Is Still An Awesome Role Model For Girls

Hey, now! Hey, now! This is what dreams are made of...

314
wennermedia

If you are a 90’s or early 00’s kid then you should know who Hilary Duff is – or better yet, Lizzie McGuire. Starting as a Disney star, and moving into a singer, model and actress, Duff has certainly done it all. As someone who grew up in the “Lizzie McGuire” era, I will certainly say that I idolized Duff in my younger years.

Now the 28-year-old celebrity and mother is releasing new music, and coming back into the public eye. Here are five reasons why Hilary Duff is still the ultimate role model for young girls:

1. She remained true to who she was despite fame, criticism and controversy

Duff has been through divorce, accusations and criticism, but she never allows that to affect her image, style and drive. Duff shows girls that remaining true to who you are is so important, even when times are tough.

2. She follows her dreams

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F06%2F18%2F636018846002631363-1923582944_200_s.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=233&h=a078500e04b008d269157535a904d58c0b25ef9c08a50081aee57b4a9cfc5131&size=980x&c=4153043534 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F06%252F18%252F636018846002631363-1923582944_200_s.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D233%26h%3Da078500e04b008d269157535a904d58c0b25ef9c08a50081aee57b4a9cfc5131%26size%3D980x%26c%3D4153043534%22%7D" expand=1]

It is recorded that Duff wanted to act, sing and dance from a young age – and so she did. Duff began auditioning for parts at the age of eight, and never stopped.

3. Her fashion sense

Duff is a fashion designer – however, she does not follow the “trendy” side of fashion. She regularly wears what she believes looks best on her, and people typically think she is spot on. Personally, I love Duff’s style!

4. She is an awesome mother

Duff is regularly posting pictures on Instagram of her four-year-old son Luca – whom she prioritizes over herself and her career.

5. She gives back

Though stardom has caused many celebrities to forget where they came from, Duff is not one of them. Since her fame began, Duff has given and volunteered with 28 charities for 30 different casues.