5 Reasons To Love The Fall Season

5 Reasons To Love The Fall Season

570

Summer is the season of heat while spring is the season of rebirth. Winter allows for snow fun, but what happens during fall? It's not quite hot enough to enjoy the water and there's not typically enough snow to go sledding. Yet, in recent years, its become common place to look forward to the end of the summer and the beginning of fall. Here are just a few reasons why.

1. The Beautiful Scenery

Even though spring is the season when everything is in bloom, fall is just as colorful. The red, orange, and yellow leaves cover the ground in a beautiful, crunchy carpet and makes for a great photo-op. However, if the visual arts aren't your forte (I'm guilty of blurry pictures, myself), make sure you at least get outside to enjoy the view while it lasts.

2. U-Pick Apples and Pumpkins

In an era of technology when we're all busy sitting behind our computers or in front of the TV, fall creates the perfect opportunity to get outside and do something new. One of the best things about fall is the autumn fruits and veggies, including the multiple different types of apples that reach their peak ripeness during the fall season.

Make the most out of this fall by finding a local farm that allows customers to pick their own apples and pumpkins. Not only do you get to make sure that you get the biggest, juiciest apples, you get to spend time outside in the crisp, fall air. U-pick also makes for a fun experience when you get to spend it with a loved one, whether that be a friend, family member, or significant other.

3. Pumpkin Spice Everything

From Starbucks' Lattes to cookies to candles, one of the things that makes people fall in love with fall the most is the pumpkin spice flavoring and scent that coats nearly everything during the autumn season. In recent years, the pumpkin spice flavoring has developed what is almost a cult following, as people flock to the nearest store to purchase anything and everything with the flavor or smell. In fact, since its launch in 2003, Starbucks has sold over 200 million Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

4. Football

Calling all football fans! Prepare yourself as your favorite high school, college, or professional football team gets ready to embark on a season-long journey to the championship game. Whether you go to the games and sit in the stands or watch from the comfort of your own home or favorite bar, there really isn't a wrong way to enjoy this fall sport.

And, hey. If you aren't the biggest fan of football, you can still appreciate the fun experience, the parties, and the delicious tailgating food.

5. Halloween

Trick or treat, smell my feet. Give me something good to eat. Most preferably, candy.

As kids, many of us spent the whole year looking forward to the day that we were allowed to dress up as something crazy and go trick-or-treating. As we get older, it becomes less socially acceptable to ask our neighbors for free candy, but we can still reap the rewards of Halloween as we go to parties, dress up as our favorite childhood characters, and buy discount Halloween candy on November 1.

So, whether you love football, Halloween, apples and pumpkins, or some other reason I didn't list, you've got to admit that fall is a pretty awesome season. Make sure to schedule time this season to get outside and enjoy it!