5 Reasons We All Enjoy A Little 'Scandal'

“My gut tells me everything I need to know," and "Scandal" is everything.

4

You've got an affair that comes off as a love story, a powerful black woman, a white man that's in love with a black woman, a homosexual White House Chief of Staff, an assassin turned businessman and a bunch of major problems that need to be "handled." The cringe-worthy feeling we all get when Olivia steps into the Oval Office to make out with Fitz while we pray that Mellie doesn’t walk in. The feeling we all get when David Rosen decides whether or not he likes Olivia, solely because he is jealous of the excellent fixing she does that ruins his career. Those are just a few reasons why we can't stop watching "Scandal"—and below are the five big ones.

1. Everyone loves Olivia Pope, but I can't deny that I am way more into Mellie Grant.

She keeps me coming back for more. We think she does all her evil bidding for her husband’s presidency, but really it was always her plan to be a politician. She lost her son, was OK with her daughter making an inappropriate tape, let her husband have an affair, had an affair with her husband’s friend, and stepped on so many toes—yet she still came out stronger than ever. She’s the wife who literally told her husband to send troops to war to save his mistress! The only goal in life she had was to be President one day. Hail Mellie.

2. Maybe it's just me, but my obsession with Huck runs deep.

I cried real tears seeing Huck in that hole, and whenever Olivia leaves Huck to be Huck, it is even sadder. The moment Huck realizes he has a family is the day all of our hearts grew a little—knowing that Huck hadn’t always found his best pleasure in killing people. Huck is so mysterious, yet he let Quinn come along to help him through the worst. I grew my biggest soft spot for Huck when his fake family was murdered. When Huck is sad, we are all sad.

3. If you haven't wanted to "stand in the sun" with someone after watching "Scandal," then you are truly alone.

I'm not a big fan of Jake, but he loved Olivia enough to jump on a plane and leave everything behind. He danced with her while drinking wine. He faked being her boyfriend even though he truly loved her. Who else would you invite to stand in the sun with you? Jake put his B6-13 history behind him to be with a woman that he knew loved another man. I think we all wish we could be in that Fitz, Oliva and Jake sandwich at times.

4. If by the second season you didn’t feel like a gladiator, then why are you still watching "Scandal"?

If you haven't wanted to go over a cliff for Olivia, then why are you are watching "Scandal"? If you didn't cry when Harrison died, then do you really feel like a gladiator? Did your heart drop, too, when Olivia came back and no one was running OPA anymore? Secretly, I wanted Steven's office and I wanted to be considered an associate.

5. The love-hate relationship we all must face with Cyrus Beene is detrimental.

One day, he is Olivia and Fitz’s best friend, and then the next, he is doing everything in his power to break them apart. My feelings toward him almost became full-blown hate when Cyrus decided that killing Olivia was more important than Russia having the United States' confidential information. All our hearts broke when Cyrus’s husband died, but deep down, Cyrus deserved every piece of that pain. There were times where I questioned my liking for Cyrus, but I knew he was an honest man to this country when he had a heart attack—but still managed to talk on the phone in the ambulance while threatening the medics' lives.

Whenever you feel like giving up on all the drama of "Scandal," just take a moment and realize why you first started watching it in the first place. Whenever you are feeling overly powerful and confident and you need to get off of your high horse, remember you aren’t Olivia Pope. Whenever you think you deserve better friends, remember how Olivia ruined Abbie's relationship with David to cover other people’s butts or how Cyrus put a hit out on Olivia over something that didn’t even matter three episodes later. Scandal is a scandal, but I do not mind being “Poped.”