5 Reasons Why Bitmoji Is The Best App On Earth

Reason 1: It's like being in the Lizzie McGuire movie.

312
www.imore.com

For those of you who don’t already have a Bitmoji and are intrigued by what it is, this brief description is for you. For those of you who already are on board the Bitmoji train, bear with me for a sec. It’s basically an app where you design a little character avatar thing that looks just like you, and then you download the keyboard, and voila, you get a keyboard full of images with your little you saying and doing cute different things. It’s great. If you’re confused by what I just said, just get the app yourself and see how wonderful it is. Meanwhile, I’ll proceed with my own favorite things about it!

1. It’s like being in the Lizzie McGuire Movie (check it out below)

This is definitely the first thing that occurred to me when I downloaded the Bitmoji keyboard a couple of months ago. You know how Lizzie has her little cartoon character that’s always being snarky and mimicking Lizzie’s life? It’s basically like that, but for real.

2. If you make all of your friends and family get Bitmojis, you’ll have be able to have Bitmoji conversations with them

Take it from me. I’ve made my mom, roommates, several friends, and even my dad—just last week—make their own Bitmojis. Now a ton of the texting conversations on my phone are primarily one Bitmoji to another. It’s fantastic. My dad’s Bitmoji looks a lot like Heisenberg from Breaking Bad but that’s okay because it still makes me laugh when he sends me texts like the one above (yes, that's my dad's).

3. If you don’t know what to say to someone, you can just send them a Bitmoji

If you reach a lull in a conversation with someone or you simply don’t know what to respond, Bitmoji is a great substitute for a real text. Just pick one that kind of fits what you’re saying—or a totally random one, that works too—and send that instead. Most likely the person will think you’re being funny or they’ll just think you’re weird and stop texting you. Either way, problem solved. Oh, and if they have a Bitmoji and you send them one, then there’s like this instant Bitmoji connection. “You, too?!”

4. It’s on Snapchat

Just when we thought that Snapchat couldn’t do one more innovative thing—the filters, the stickers!—they linked with Bitmoji so that you can download your Bitmoji keyboard onto your snap. What’s super awesome about this feature is that if you’re snapchatting a person who has Bitmoji uploaded to their Snapchat, then it’ll come up with a bunch of pictures of your Bitmoji and their Bitmoji doing adorable things together. The picture above is an example of mine and my sister's (something I sent to her on Snap).

Where else can you hang out with your sister in a giant hotdog?

5. You can change your Bitmoji’s outfit on the reg

Slay.

If you’re a broke bitch like me, one of your favorite things about the app might be the fact that you can change your Bitmoji whenever you want. Even though I most certainly can’t afford Alexander McQueen, it doesn’t cost money in Bitmoji land so my girl always looks fly even though in real life I pretty much dress in head-to-toe Target.

If I haven’t convinced you to get a Bitmoji yet, there’s something wrong with you, because it adds a whole new element to texting and is pretty addictive once you make one. Here’s to hoping that this app stays in the game longer than Draw Something did.