5 Reasons Being Sick In College Sucks

5 Reasons Being Sick In College Sucks

A cynical yet accurate description

25
5 Reasons Being Sick In College Sucks

1. There's no one to take care of you

If you live in a single room like me, people will literally just not see you for days. You'd give anything for your mom to come in, rub your back, and give you soup but good luck finding a college student that will do that (if they do, background check 'em asap).

2. College creates new diseases just for fun :)

There's something about shoving thousands of people into one school that helps germs get creative. Suddenly, you can't just get a cold. No, it's gotta be the flu + strep + sinus infections all wrapped into one glorious concoction.

3. "Go to health services"...if you wanna die

The amount of times I've heard horror stories about being misdiagnosed would shock you. You go in thinking you have the flu and suddenly they decide you're pregnant and send you out the door. Better hope you have a car to get to the minute clinic or stockpile vitamins.

4. Dining halls don't care

Dining hall food in general is meh at best, but when you're sick it's down right awful. Where's my chicken noodle soup? Only on Tuesdays? Shoot, I'll have to remember to get sick on Tuesdays only from now on.

5. Professors never get it

Sometimes, you just have a simple cold, but it comes with a fever and a terrible case of the sniffles. No doctors note? Crap, no makeup work for you. People solve this by going to class no matter what, infecting everyone with their lovely germs.

That's my take on being sick. I may be slightly harsh because I'm currently sick, and no one is offering to rub my back and bring me soup.