6 Reason You Should Stay Positive

6 Reason You Should Stay Positive

We all need a reminder some times.

3032
6 Reason You Should Stay Positive
Emily Fricano

Staying Positive!

I know it can be tough, trust me, but it is worth it. Here are six reasons why:

1. It makes you a happier person.

Staying positive when times get tough staying positive is hard.

It's just easier to sit in the negativity and just mope. Well, I have news for you, that isn't going to work. When you stay positive, it will lift your spirits and make you have a different outlook on life. For me personally, when I am positive I am a better person in total, I appreciate things more like my friends, family and nature.

2. Laugh at life more.

When you are positive you will become a happier person.

It also helps you learn to laugh a little more. When I feel bad, laughing always helps! Laughing is known to actually make you happier, and when you can laugh at things you do it just gets better. When I learned to laugh it made me just feel good inside, it's hard to explain, but try it.

3. Can affect others

Being positive is a great thing for the people around you!

I remember when I was trapped in my negative thoughts, surrounding myself with positive people helped me a lot. When you are positive and help a friend in need, or even a stranger for that matter, you have the ability to make their day better, even if you just listen to them. I was very upset one day and I was talking to my friend and she told me, "Emily you have that effect on people, which is the greatest thing anyone can ask for. You have the ability to cheer people up and don't lose that." Hearing this from someone made me so happy because I never fully understood how my positivity effects others.

4. Have better self-esteem

Let's be real. self-esteem is a good thing to have a lot of.

When you are thinking negativity it is possible to turn your focus on yourself and the way you look, act, feel, dress. Being negative about how you present yourself will only make you feel worse about yourself. When positivity is brought back into your life, even for a couple of minutes, you will feel on top of the world. My body image has always been a concern for me, and being negative made me feel worse, physically and mentally. One day I decided that my body was fine just the way it is, we are all human, and it is okay that I don't look like the people in the magazines. I still go back to those negative thoughts sometimes, but I try my best to stay positive.

5. More motivation

Being negative doesn't make you motivated.

Being positive helps you stay on task and not feeling tired. Being negative drags you on and can't make work fun (I know work isn't necessarily "fun" for some people), but being negative makes it ten thousand times worse. When I start to get negative while doing work, it makes the work drag on and I just feel like quitting and watching Bob's Burgers and forget about my worries. In reality, that won't help you get your work done. Staying positive helps you be more productive and feel great while doing.

6. There is so much to be positive about

Even if you feel like there is nothing that could possibly make you happy or make you start thinking positively, you are wrong.

Whether you see it or not, there are so many things for you to be positive for, just don't think so much about it. Personally, I feel that I'm all alone sometimes and have nothing to look forward to in life, but when I get like this I step back and look through my phone camera roll. This lets me see and helps me appreciate the people in my life. If it wasn't for my friends helping me get through the bad days or my mom tagging me in funny Facebook posts I can guarantee you, I'd still be a negative person today.

When you are feeling down, just take a look outside, look through your pictures, call a family member and you will start to see the positivity all around you when you were blinded by the negativity.