5 Things Psychology Majors Are Tired Of Hearing

No, I'm not reading your mind.

19
Education - Seattlepi.com

After two semesters of being a psychology major, I've noticed a trend in how people view psych students. There's some kind of stereotype (that makes zero sense) involving the "simplicity" of psychology that makes people ask innocent, yet extremely annoying questions.

1. "Can you read my mind?"

Sorry to disappoint, but no, I can't read your mind. My job is to understand your mind, not know exactly what you're thinking.

2. "Are you psychoanalyzing me right now?"

Public service announcement: psychology students still have normal conversations.

3. "You know it's gonna be really hard to get a job with that degree, right?"

Thank God you said something, because I didn't even think to look into the career aspect of being a psych major.

4. "Oh, that sounds easy."

Almost always coming from someone who never goes to class. I dare you to take on my class schedule for a day.

5. "Psychology? Yeah, I took that in high school."

You and pretty much everyone else.

The next time you talk to a psych major, remember that we're regular college students just like you.