5 Protein-Packed Snacks to Kick Your Cravings

I have these to thank for the end of my cookie addiction.

61
Megan Redgate

Since I began lifting weights only about 2 years ago, I have had to try hard almost every day to curb my cravings and avoid eating, minimally, three cookies a day. I always get a shocking response when I say, "I can go the rest of my life without pizza, easily", but I would never say the same about my favorite sweet foods. Cookies, brownies, pancakes, waffles, cookie dough ice cream and Cinnabuns haunt me almost daily.

I have tried countless recipes to make "healthy", or more nutritional versions of my favorite deserts, which may or may not always satisfy my prevailing sweet tooth.

Like the addict I am, I am proud to say I go about 2 months at a time without treating myself to my favorite Chocolate Chip Lover Cookie Dough by Nestle, all thanks to a few products I've found and have come to absolutely love - both for their taste and their ability to keep me from reaching my goals.

If you have a sweet tooth like me, please do yourself a favor and try all of these.

1. Kodiak Cake - Power Cake Pancake and Waffle Mix

These are my go-to at least 3 days a week. Breakfast or dinner, I turn to Kodiak Cakes to give me my protein intake and kick my craving for IHOP or Chips Pancake House.

Try them with chocolate chips, frozen strawberries, peanut butter, or in the waffle maker.

2. Power Crunch Bars

Power Crunch Bars are delicious, chocolate wafers that are lights and easy to travel with. I eat these at work, on car rides, or before or after a workout. Not only do they have a good amount of protein in them, they get rid of my cravings for sugar-filled alternatives that leave me feeling sick and exhausted.

3. Lenny & Larry's Cookies

These cookies come in Lemon Poppy Seed, Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate Chip, Birthday Cake, and many more, but my favorite is Snickerdoodle. These cookies are GIANT and taste like real cookies! They make a great dessert or even breakfast on the go. Let's just say, I've gone through a box of 12 in less than 2 weeks...

4. Halo Top Ice Cream

Halo Top Ice Cream actually tastes like ice cream. Unlike a lot of other low calorie ice creams, this is creamy and full of flavor but is packed with protein! (I know, I sound like I have a protein obsession). But this stuff is great on its own or on top of a Kodiak Waffle! Come on, its obvious I know what I'm talking about so you know you need to try it.

You can eat an entire pint for only 240 calories, which is about the same calorie count for only a half cup of Ben & Jerry's, which we all know is way less than we all actually eat at a time.

5. EHPlabs Protein Powder

Okay, so I know this isn't a snack or even a dessert, but EHPlabs has some really great tasting protein powders, which are hard to come across unless they're loaded with toxic ingredients, so I feel the need to share. My favorites are Strawberry Milkshake and Mocha, and I even use those to add to my Kodiak mix when making waffles.

I drink a shake in the morning in addition to my breakfast for a quick kick, immediately after my workout, and then any other time of day if I am in need of more protein. Another thing about this brand of protein that I love, is that is blends very smoothly, even without a blender bottle.

Please comment some of your favorite products below! I'm always up for trying new things to satisfy my sweet tooth!