5 Perks Going To A College Close To Your Hometown

Why it might not be a bad thing to stay near your parents.

15

Going away to college is an adjustment, and although some people may graduate high school and decide they need to get as far away from home as possible, there are a ton of great things that happen as a result of going to a college within a 250 mile radius of your hometown.

1. You can go home for one night, and it doesn't take the whole day to travel there.

Instead of needing to book a plan ticket, deal with the hassles of flying, and spend hours up in the air, going to school close to home allows you to drive to and from in less than half a day. This can be beneficial when you want to go to a family function, but you have a school event the next afternoon.

2. Your beloved pet is only 3 hours away or less.

Sometimes, you just need a hug from your furry friend.

3. Friends living at home can come visit you easily.

You won't have to wait for breaks to see your bestie again! If they go to community college or are still in high school, they can easily come spend the weekend at college with you!

4. You bring homemade food back to school without it going bad.

College food gets boring and bland, but when home is less than three hours away, Mom or Dad's home cooked meals can survive the car ride back and relieve you of the crappy food you're sick of eating.

5. It saves money.

Whether it be on gas or tuition, a shorter car ride equals less money spent on gas! And, if you live in the same state as your college, the tuition you will pay could be half of what you would pay out of state.