5 Vegan-Friendly Restaurants To Try In Grand Rapids, MI

5 Awesome Vegan Restaurants In Grand Rapids That Will Make You Want To Go Vegan Or At least Try It

828
Thieme Law

I am so grateful and very lucky to live so close to a city where they have so many different kinds of vegan and vegetarian friendly restaurants. All providing great food for a reasonable price. You can use HappyCow to always find the best vegan restaurants for wherever you are at. Here are five vegan restaurants in Grand Rapids that have good reviews.

1. Downtown Market- 435 Ionia Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI

Just in one spot downtown Grand Rapids, you can get: vegan tacos, vegan gelato, vegan sushi, a smoothie or acai bowl, pizza, or even bread. My favorite is to grab some gelato and head up to the second story and eat on the patio and enjoy the sunshine. I love looking through all of the different cute shops that are in the market! Some shops sell: speciality spices, flowers, some fresh produce, and olive oil to cook with! And of course, they have a two or three restaurants that are not as vegan friendly, if thats your cup of tea. Along with the Grand Traverse Distillery.

2. Stella's Lounge- 53 Commerce Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI

Stella's is by far my favorite. They have vintage arcade games, while playing old school music, and playing old school tv shows. They have anything from vegan chicken wings with vegan ranch, to a veggie burger covered in black bean chili, to a vegan Philly cheese. And if you aren't there for food, check out the 250 different kinds of whiskey that they offer.

3. Brick Road Pizza Co. - 1017 Wealthy Street, Grand Rapids, MI

Main vegan friendly foods that they offer are sandwiches, pasta, burgers, and pizza! They have a really good buffalo tofu pizza with a vegan ranch base! Also offering other kinds of pizza or the option to make your own. But my favorite is the vegan dessert that they make! Who doesn't love a good sweet vegan treat?

4. The Mitten Brewing Co. - 527 Leonard St NW, Grand Rapids, MI

In this vintage baseball-themed brewery/pizzeria, having a full separate vegan menu which offers over 5 different vegan appetizers, vegan specialty pizzas, and build your own pizza. The vegan cheesy breadsticks with vegan ranch and the pesto chicken pizza are a must on the to try list.

5. Little Lucy's Cafe- 1747 Plainfield Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI

An urban bakery and eatery located downtown opened for breakfast and lunch. Offering food items from a veggie burger, salads, sides from the build your own breakfast section. Such as tofu scramble, veggie sausage, veggie chorizo, toast and jam, or hash browns. Vej Crepe, vegan Mac and cheese, and the Classic breakfast vej style. Also adding to the options of having soy almond milk for coffee is available.

Grand Rapids has a lot of vegan friendly restaurants that you should check out! Your taste buds will thank you.