5 Myths About Women

5 Myths About Women

Kill the locker room talk, it's not true

43
5 Myths About Women
AskIdeas.com

There are many misunderstandings, and myths, surrounding the phenomenon called being a woman. I am a woman, a female, a barer of children. When I hear these things, when I'm walking down the street, or in daily conversation, it frustrates me. How can you generalize a whole group of people -- but wait that would be sexism! Gasp. This is to clear a few things up.

1. No woman wants her P**** grabbed

Yes Mr. Trump, this one is for you. I'm not sure what kind of deranged world you live in but that doesn't even sound sexy. When I think of this phrase I think of a little orange oompa loompa being pissed at Willy Wonka, and going home to take it out on his wife. All jokes aside, that's rather aggressive. We live in a generation that seems to indulge in rape culture. Mr. Trump, you're not helping. Every woman deserves her consent, or lack of, to be taken seriously. We don't want it, and no ones ever asking for it.

2. Every woman isn't voting for Hillary just because she has ovaries

If a woman is voting for Hillary Clinton, it seems to be understood that she is doing so because she is a woman, and ONLY because she is a woman. No one thinks that, oh I don't know, maybe it's her platform and NOT her ovaries. Some women are voting for Clinton simply because she is the lesser of the two evils. Some people really like her plans for creating new jobs. There's a plethora of reasons, but it's just obnoxious to think that her bodily organs are the only reason. Sure, it's cool that she'd be the first woman President. However, it won't be the ovaries running the oval office. Come on guys, we're deeper than that.

3. Women have a lower tolerance for pain?

Um, have you even heard of child birth. 'Nuff said! Not to mention the painful monthly cramps along with emotional malfunctions for a week. Okay, maybe I'm generalizing, but I'm sure I'm not alone. For men, passing a kidney stone is similar to the pain of child birth. Kidney stones are unfortunate, but children are miracles. I think that takes the cake for pain tolerance.

4. Women don't have one night stands by choice

Just like men, women have needs too. We may be more prone to emotional attachment, but that's not to say we can't put those aside to rendezvous with the hot guy from from apartment 1B. Most people, men and women, have at least one one night stand in their lifetime. That one experience isn't limited to one gender. Obviously it takes two to tango, right?

5. All women do not need to be "saved"

Women are often portrayed as weak and in dire distress. Often, prince charming, or Kanye West, whichever you prefer, are sent to the rescue. I'm 5 feet tall and can honestly say that I don't NEED to be rescued, and don't NEED anyone to reach me the paper towels off of the top shelf. Where there is a will, there is a way...and there is a woman. We go this, dude! Let us save you. Believe me, it's possible.