5 Must-See British Shows on Netflix

5 Must-See British Shows on Netflix

There is a whole world of entertainment waiting for you just across the pond.

25
5 Must-See British Shows on Netflix
Google

There is an abundancy of shows on Netflix, yet many of us refuse to wander further beyond the shows we are only knowledgable of.

What we don't realize is that there are so many shows out there from other countries that provide with shows that are just as entertaining as the United States does.

Some of my favorite shows are based in the United Kingdom, granted they mostly fall under the crime genre, but then again almost every show nowadays revolves around crime.

Below is a list of the top five British shows everyone should see.

1. Peaky Blinders

This show is really amazing. It is set in the 1920s and is about a family-based gang lead by the stunning Thomas Shelby, played by Cillian Murphy. The show itself takes the viewer on an emotional rollercoaster full of anger, violence, love, tradition and loyalty, and brings forth the importance of family. One thing is for sure, this show will leave you feeling like your family is full of saints compared to the Shelby clan.

2. Sherlock

If you have not seen Sherlock yet, then now is the time to do so. This is a modern twist on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Overall, it is witty and takes the viewer on a trip alongside Sherlock to solve the mystery too. At times gets you so involved that you forget its only a show! And, if that is not enough to convince you, know that Benedict Cumberbatch plays the protagonist. Need I say more?

3. Luther

In my humble opinion, I believe this to be Idris Elba's best works. He really takes the viewer on an emotional journey. This show borderlines with the thriller genre, the reason being that some of the stuff that happens is just so unexpected and you never really know what will happen next. One thing this show does is keep you on the edge of your seat just to see how far Luther will go to preserve justice.

4.Wallander

This show is very similar to Luther, one of the only differences is that Wallander, the lead detective, is battling different inner struggles. At the same time, it shows the toll that such a demanding job can have on an individual emotionally and physically. It is also based on a series of books by Swedish author Henning Mankells. Overall, it takes you inside the deep, dark and psychological mind of the lead detective.

5. Cuckoo

Cuckoo is a comedic and entertaining show about a lively family that takes in a stranger that forever changes their lives. This show is full of witty puns and sarcastic dialog that can make you cry of laughter. Aside from that, it shows the interesting clash of culture between the British and Americans in a hilarious story line.

So if you haven't seen these shows ye,t head to Netflix and start binge-watching them, it is guaranteed to entertain you for hours.

Just be cautious if you have children around you, some scenes contain graphic images that kids should not see.

Happy binging!