5 Minneapolis Conventions To Attend This Winter

Instead of bearing the cold, head over to the Minneapolis Convention Center.
15

Looking for something different to do in Minnesota this winter that doesn't involve being outside and half-frozen? The Minneapolis Convention Center holds events almost every weekend. Instead of sitting at home, get out and attend one of these amazing conventions with your family, best friends, or even on your own before winter is over.

1. Discover The Dinosaurs

Discover the Dinosaurs is a walk-through exhibit for all ages. It features over 20 different realistic dinosaurs from different time periods. You can drive "Jurassic Jeeps" on the raceway, play mini golf, dig for fossils, and even go on scavenger hunts. It's a perfect family event and history lesson packed into one incredible experience!

When: February 10-12, 2017

How much: $28 for kids, $24 for adults.

More information here.

2. Home & Garden Show

This event has over 30 sponsors, celebrity speakers, and dozens of exhibitors. Over a two-weekend span, you can walk through garden and backyard landscapes, enjoy lifestyle and kitchen presentations, learn remodeling techniques, and even tour minimalist homes. There's an annual plant sale and even an "Ask a Designer" seminar where you can let loose with all your home and garden questions.

When: February 24-26, 2017 and March 3-5, 2017

How much: $4 for kids, $14 for adults.

More information here.

3. Twin Cities Auto Show

This convention is perfect for anyone who may be on the hunt for a new vehicle, long-time auto-enthusiasts, or even someone looking for a way to fill their day. With over 575 vehicles from 37 foreign and domestic brands, you can check out (and even sit in) over 21 million dollars worth of electric cars, luxury vehicles, and classic cars. Want to be put in a drawing to win gas for an entire year? This event is a must.

When: March 11-19, 2017

How much: $6 for ages 11-15, and $10 for 16+

More information here.

4. Twin Cities Women's Expo

With a mission to enrich, enlighten, and empower women, the Twin Cities Women's Expo is an event with food, fashion, pampering, and self-care. You can find booths with essential oils, Jamberry nail products, Luluroe, Mary Kay makeup, Rodan and Fields skin care products, and Scentsy.

When: March 18, 2017

How much: $5 for kids/adults

More information here.

5. The Wedding Fair

This is the ideal Minnesota wedding event for any soon-to-be bride. Learn all about current trends and planning tips to make your special day the ultimate success. Get ideas for favors, custom invites, gifts, and decorations while enjoying the floral arrangements, three-tier cakes, and reception set-ups.

When: March 19, 2017

How much: $15 for kids/adults

More information here.