Wanting To Up Your Cooking Game But Don't Know Where To Start? Look No Further Than These 5 Easy Recipes

Sometimes, the pasta with butter you make three times a week just doesn't cut it. Start to pretend like you know what you're doing in the kitchen with these 5 easy recipes that are a step-up from your usual, basic meals.

1
Instagram (@janetsmunchmeals)

Kiss your Annie's mac and cheese (eaten straight out of the pot) goodbye (no offense, Annie)!

1. 30 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup 

I made this soup for my roommates and I a month ago and it lasted a day and a half. It's that good and not to mention, the easiest chicken noodle soup you'll probably ever make. And it lasts longer than one meal, so you won't have to worry about lunch and dinner for the next couple of days. Get the recipe here.

2. Rigatoni, Tomato & Cucumber Salad w/ Avocado-Parsley Pesto 

This pasta/salad combination combines all of your favorite things, from pasta to pesto flavors to avocados (definitely a plus) to create a gorgeous and easy lunch or dinner. Get the recipe here.

3. Stir Fry 

Remember that stir fry you'd get every Wednesday from the dining hall freshman year? Here's how to make it on your own, and hey! It's soooooo easy. Give it a try here.

4. Easy Pasta w/ Meat Sauce 

Meat sauce can be intimidating, especially when your mom makes it so well at home. Or your grandma, or your best friend's grandma - whoever it is, even they would be impressed with this meat sauce over your favorite pasta shape. Get the super simple recipe here.

5. Baked Mushroom Kale Quesadillas 

Trust me, you'll never have the same old cheese quesadilla again after trying these bad boys. Even if you don't love kale all that much, you can barely taste it under all that cheese and mushroom goodness (this is the sneakiest way to get those greens in). Get the recipe here.