Five local Sacramento Businesses To Support During COVID-19

Shop local and support the businesses that need the most help during the Novel Coronavirus outbreak

18

The coronavirus has transitioned the way our society does just about everything. Many businesses, especially local ones, are being hit with hardships. This is why, if possible, it is important for communities to support local businesses.

Here are a few local businesses that have their door open for you to get takeout or groceries.

Vic's Ice Cream

https://www.afar.com/places/vics-ice-cream-sacramento

Vic's Ice Cream is a Sacramento staple, located in Land Park. The old school ice cream parlor has been around since 1947. It is a business that children hang out at after school, families gather to get ice cream for the holidays or you walk to on a hot summer day.

The business is open during the pandemic, and here is the statement Vic's put out on their Facebook page: "Currently open every Saturday. We will be OPEN tomorrow from 10:30-2:00. Still only serving ice cream to-go. Avoid the line and come early. We hope to see you tomorrow."

Chocolate Fish Coffee Roasters

https://insidesacramento.com/chocolate-fish-coffee-roasters/

Chocolate Fish Coffee Roasters is a "multi-award-winning Sacramento coffee roaster with 3 retail coffeehouses." The coffee shop is known for its tasty pastries, in-store ambiance and delicious coffee.

Chocolate Fish Coffee Roasters is a place that feels like home. You can get your coffee and go or enjoy the modern-looking shop with a chocolate fish bar.

This shop is open for pickup during the pandemic.

Jacks Urban Eats

http://www.jacksurbaneats.com/

Jacks Urban Eats is one of Sacramento's most prized cafeteria-styled restaurants. The Sacramento chain has been open since 1998 and has since opened 11 locations. The chain is known for its Urban Fries, salads, sandwiches and sides!

The business is available for takeout during COVID-19 and could use your help!

Uncle Vito's Slice of NY

https://www.yelp.com/biz/uncle-vitos-slice-of-ny-sacramento?start=120

Uncle Vito's Slice of NY has four Northern California locations and is looking to bring NY-styled pizza to your doorstep. The pizzeria is known for its huge slices of pizza and friendly service. Pizza is comfort food, which means it is easily one of the best takeout options you can have during quarantine.

Nugget Markets

https://www.nuggetmarket.com/locations/roseville/

Last, but not least, Nugget Markets is a great way to shop local during quarantine. The business has even handed out masks when customers enter the store, in an effort to minimize the spread of the virus and ensure a safe visit for their customers.

For those who are unfamiliar with the store, think of a local Whole Foods Market. It has a smoothie stop, fresh food and many new items to try!