8 Local Businesses To Help During The Coronavirus Crisis In Hoboken

Delicious, freshly made bagels each day, but the right, old-fashioned, boiled way.

20

Today I will be continuing my theme of recommendations as well as participating in the Odyssey's support of local businesses. Here are some great places to order from in my hometown of Hoboken, New Jersey. These are restaurants I have loved my entire childhood and that are owned by members of the Hoboken community.

1. Hoboken Hot Bagels

Delicious, freshly made bagels each day, but in the right, old-fashioned, boiled way. This tiny shop on 6th street has a multitude of fresh options, from bagels, to bagel bites, to cream cheese and lox, to soups, coffee and sandwiches! They have crumb cake, muffins, and literally anything you could want for a inexpensive, yummy lunch. This has been my favorite bagel place almost my entire life.

2. Anthony David's

If you are in the mood to order a fancy dinner during this quarantine, Anthony David's is the way to go. This Italian restaurant is usually booming with business when the weather starts to warm up, with lines for brunch down the block. The quarantine has inevitably impacted Anthony David's which is why now is the perfect time to support this locally owned restaurant! I also worked as a hostess at this establishment for almost three years.

3. Elysian Cafe

This amazing French restaurant is located right on the corner of 10th and Washington, and has been my favorite restaurant for all the years I've spent in Hoboken. My personal favorite is their steak sandwich with caramelized onions and cheese. I'm also a big fan of their fries. Sadly, Elysian has been unable to remain open during this time, which is why it is so important to support them as soon as they reopen!

4. La Isla

This fantastic Cuban restaurant is actually owned by the family of my friend from high school, which is all the more reason to support it in addition to its great food. La Isla has two locations, a fancier place uptown and a cozy, smaller location downtown that has a comforting "at home" vibe. If you love Cuban food, you'll love La Isla.

5. Napoli's

If you're craving pizza during these rough times, please do yourself a favor and order from Napoli's pizza. Napoli's is located conveniently on 11th and Washington, and has the best quality brick oven pizza around. Not only is there delicious pizza, but Napoli's also has a full menu with a million options from appetizers to salads to to entrees to sandwiches.

6. Robongi

One of my family's favorite things to order in on take out night is sushi, and our favorite place for this tradition is Robongi. It can be hard at times to find a great sushi place, and bad sushi is always so disappointing, but Robongi never fails to impress us. I highly recommend this amazing, locally owned sushi place.

7. Vito's Deli

Vito's is a traditional Italian deli named after the owner himself. In my opinion, it has the best mozzarella I have ever tasted and even better service. It's always so fun to order a bunch of mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, baguette bread, and other delicious snacks from this deli for a family brunch.

8. Rosticeria Da Gigi

The last locally owned business I will be raising awareness for is Gigi's, an adorable little Italian restaurant on 9th and Washington with about a thousand different affordable options. Their Bolognese is literally to die for and you can never go wrong with a roast beef and cheddar panini. Please help ensure they stay in business!

From Your Site Articles