5 Life Lessons That Every College Girl From Elle Woods

If Elle Woods can get into Harvard why can't you?

61
Hercampus

If you are anything like me, you have seen the movie "Legally Blonde" at least five plus times and you never get tired of it. Not only does Elle Woods provide laughs and a good time, but she also provides life lessons every college girl should follow and stick to for the rest of her life.

1. Not letting a boy waste your time.

Yeah, maybe Warner was the one who initially told Elle that they were no longer together, but when he came crawling back after seeing her accomplishments, Elle had zero time for that. Elle was strong enough and the perfect example of how if someone is not good enough for you, they aren’t worth your time. And let's be honest, Emmett was a lot cuter anyways. So, if you haven’t gotten rid of that loser boyfriend yet, take control because this is your time now and no one should hold you down.

2. Always being there for others.

“Bend and Snap!” Really, what more to I have to say? Elle not only taught all the women in the nail salon how to let go and have fun but also everyone who watched "Legally Blonde". Elle showed us that everyone has their bad days and needs someone to put a smile back on their face. So from here on, be there for other people and let them know that you are always there for them and have a little fun while you’re at it.

3. Having a support system around you.

Elle had the sorority sisters that every girl dreams of having or in some cases (like mine) already has. They were there for her in her desperate time of need to make a great score on the LSAT. Elle had the people around her who believed in her and wanted to help her reach her new dream of law school. Just like there being no time for a lame useless boyfriend, there’s no time for fake friends. Surround yourself with the people who love and care for you and want you to succeed not only this semester but for a lifetime.

4. Not letting the bad days take over.

Whether it is getting a D on your Philosophy exam or dropping your Caramel Frappuccino on the floor of Starbucks, we all have bad days, even Elle Woods. Though breakdowns do happen to everyone, its all about how you pull out of them. Elle taught us that it is okay to eat the whole chocolate box sometimes to soothe the pain, but it's better to get out of bed put some lip gloss on and take the day by the reins.

5. Having faith in yourself.

Last but not least, always believe that you can accomplish anything. Not only did Elle Woods get into Harvard, but she also was valedictorian. Just like Elle, you will make it. You will graduate and who knows maybe you will be the top of your graduating class too. It is important to remember there will be bad boyfriends, bad friends, bad classes, and bad days, but that shouldn’t make for a bad college experience. Always, always believe you deserve and can do better – just like Elle did.