5 Lessons Taylor Swift Songs Taught Me

5 Lessons Taylor Swift Songs Taught Me

Music that speaks to you

199
5 Lessons Taylor Swift Songs Taught Me
Wide-wallpapers.net

The two words I am about to say can be some of the most polarizing words to the right (or should I say wrong) people:

TAYLOR SWIFT

I just lost half of the people who were reading this just by saying that. But the truth is, love her or hate her she has songs that people relate to, and actually have real lyrics in that can inspire people of all ages. Just because you don’t like her or her music, doesn’t mean you cant like the lessons that they bring, so humor me. Here are 5 Lessons that Taylor Swift song lyrics taught me (in no particular order).

1. That Break ups are NOT the end of the world

• In her song, ‘I Heart ?’ the chorus are the most powerful lines where Taylor says ”Wake up and smell the break-up, Fix my heart put on my make-up, another mess i didn't plan. And I'll bet you thought you’d beat me, I wish you could only see I got an i heart ? written on the back of my hand.” These lyrics are all about showing you that when one relationship ends, you pick yourself up and keep moving.

2. That the haters are gonna hate hate hate hate hate

• If you cant tell, the song I.m referring to is ‘Shake it Off’. This song was Taylor's first attempt at pop and boy did she knock it out of the park. With the lyrics everyone knows being powerful, the lyrics that aren't as well known but are still powerful are ”I never miss a beat, I'm lightning on my feet and that's what they don't see”. These lyrics are about showing you that there is so much more to you than what other people see and that on top of shaking off the hate and fake, you need to know that you’re more than meets the eye.

3. That mistakes are normal, and regrets and missing people are a part of life

• In her song ‘Back to December’, Taylor has SO many good lessons to pull its hard to just pick one line that is the most powerful, but since this is how the game goes, I pick this one: “But this is me swallowing my pride standing in front of you saying i’m sorry for that night. And I go back to December…It turns out freedom aint nothing but missing you, wishing i’d realized what I had when you were mine. I’d go back to December turn around and make it alright, Id go back to December turn around and change my own mind. I go back to December all the time.” This last verse of the song is the strongest, and if you have heard the song it is the most emotional too. The lesson that is learned from this is that we have to make decisions in life that we may regret, but we need to be able to live with the consequences and apologize for them. Maybe things will work out, and maybe they wont but either way its apart of life.

4. That dreaming is not a waste of time

• The song ‘Starlight’ is not one of my favorite songs…I actually dont really like it at all, but it does have one verse that makes me think about listening too it just for that verse…”He said, look at you, worrying too much about things you cant change you’ll spend your whole life singing the blues if you keep thinking that way. He was trying to skip rocks on the ocean, saying to me don't you see the starlight, don't you dream impossible things?” Sometimes in life we get so caught up in our own self and our drama and all that stuff that we forget to dream. We forget to have goals, hopes. We are so worried about things we cant control that we lose sight of what we want or even why those things we cant control matter.

5. The importance of appreciating the important people in our lives

• Just by reading the word "Mom" a very important Taylor song should have entered your mind. If not, don't worry because the song is ‘The Best Day’ and it is so so good. It speaks of all the things we forget to. But the best line is ”Now I know why all the trees change in the fall, I know you were on my side even when I was wrong. And I love you for giving me your eyes, staying back and watching me shine. And I didn't know if you knew so I'm taking this chance to say that I had the best day with you today.” This is a perfect line to show how important it is to tell people what they mean to us. This line, and this song will always mean so much to me and the lesson it brings is showing the importance of one another to those who we value, parents or not.

Whether you like her not, her songs can actually speak to the lessons life brings and what you can learn from them. There are so many more lessons that her music can talk to, but honestly I just picked a very select few of the songs. I know she has a lot more to teach so sit down, sync up some T-Swift and listen for the hidden (or not so hidden) lessons.

From Your Site Articles