5 Lessons We All Learned In Middle School

Middle school: the place where you learn the basics of how to be a human.

461
Woodcrest Middle School

Middle school was a tough time for all of us. With all those hormones kicking in, many of us became little awkward monsters with no idea how to socially interact. Luckily, as we grew up we learned these life lessons to get us through it all.

1. Yes, social anxiety is a real thing.

The amount of social anxiety I had pent up during middle school was outrageous. Just answering a question in class would give me a mini-heart attack.

2. Don't copy every fashion trend you see.

Every time I look at my seventh grade dance pictures I shiver in fear from the horrible fashion choices I made in 2008.

3. Don't get so nervous in front of your crush.

Remember when you would break out into a stutter and heat flash every time you had to talk to your crush? Yeah, flirting was probably not your greatest skill at this time.

4. Hygiene is VERY important.

Have you ever smelled a middle school locker room? It's putrid. Thank goodness we all learned about deodorant.

5. Don't be afraid to be yourself.

It was a scary time for all of us, and it was kind of hell to try to figure out who you are instead of following the crowd. But after middle school, you probably learned that it's totally OK to be yourself and ignore all the people that can't accept you for who you are. It's their loss, anyway.