5 Things You Learn When Vacationing With Friends

Four girls = a whole lot of mischief

10
Google Images

This past week I've been lucky enough to vacation with my four best friends from high school. They're the most supportive, inspirational, and patient people I've ever met, yet also the most difficult (which is equally a wonderful thing).

Four girls equals four very different upbringings, and very different perspectives on life. Four girls equals a lot of stubborn behavior. Four girls also equals a lot of trouble. Something four girls definitely create though, is a ton of fun.

Here are five things I've learned while vacationing with my friends this past week in Destin Florida

1. People are messy.

They're even messier when together. You might think you're neat and terribly OCD about messes, but once you've met my friend Sasha, you really can't call yourself a clean freak.

2. People vacation very differently.

You might want to go explore the bars and the night life of a specific location, but one of your friends is going to want to go to the movies and hang out on the beach until dawn. Compromise is key.

3. Four people aren't necessarily going to be on top of their game always.

Things will be forgotten at home. Chargers, laptops, sunscreen, etc. You've always got to keep in mind that things happen. Better to help a friend out than get frustrated at their forgetfulness.

4. Bathrooms, even though already gross, will become the grossest place in your hotel, house,or condo.

Beware. Enter with caution. You'll see mascara everywhere but on lashes, towels everywhere but on racks, and water in places fairly far from the shower.

5. There is nothing more rewarding, exhilarating, and exciting than vacationing when your closest friends.

They're there for you in the bad and they're there for you in the fun.