5 Inspiring Grey's Anatomy Speeches

5 Inspiring Grey's Anatomy Speeches

"Pick me, choose me, love me."

9318
5 Inspiring Grey's Anatomy Speeches

With the 12th season of Grey's Anatomy premiering in two weeks, it's time to get back into the Grey's mindset. Since the first season of the show, Shonda Rhimes and her team of writers have created some television moments that will be remembered for decades. From the opening monologues to the passion filled speeches there have been many quotable moments. Here are five of my personal favorites.

1. Callie Torres: "...because you don't destroy the person that you love."

You didn’t love her, you just didn’t want to be alone. Or maybe, maybe she was good for your ego, or maybe she made you feel better about your miserable life, but you didn’t love her, because you don’t destroy the person that you love!

2. Meredith Grey: "So pick me, choose me, love me.

I lied. I'm not out of this relationship. I'm in. I’m so in, it’s humiliating because here I am begging. Ok here it is: Your choice, it’s simple: her or me. And I’m sure she’s really great… But Derek, I love you. In a really really big, pretend to like your taste in music, let your eat the last piece of cheese cake, hold a radio over my head outside your window! Unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you.
So pick me, choose me, love me.

3. Arizona Robbins: "I'm a good man in a storm."

Most people think that I was named for the state, but it's not true, I was named for a battle ship. The U.S.S. Arizona. My grandfather was serving on the Arizona when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, and he saved nineteen men before he drowned. Pretty much everything my father did his whole life was about honoring that sacrifice. I was raised to be a good man in a storm. Raised to love my country. Love my family. Protect the things I love. When my father, Colonel Daniel Robinson of the United States Marine Corps, heard that I was a lesbian he said he only had one question. I was prepared for "How fast can you get the hell out of my house?" But instead, it was "Are you still who I raised you to be?" My father believes in country the way that you believe in God. And my father is not a man who bends, but he bent for me because I am his daughter. I'm a good man in a storm. I love your daughter. And I protect the things I love. Not that I need too, she doesn't need it. She's strong, and caring, and honorable. And she's who you raised her to be.

4. Cristina Yang: "When he died, my hands… felt his heart stop beating. That’s why I do this. "

My dad died when I was nine. In a car accident. I was with him in the car. While we waited for the ambulance, I tried to keep his chest closed so he wouldn't bleed so much. When he died, my hands… felt his heart stop beating. That’s why I do this. It’s also why I win all the contests.
The patient’s name is Tom.

5. Lexie Grey: "I love you."

I love you. I do. I just, I love you. And I have been trying not to say it. I have been trying so hard to just mash it down and ignore it and not say it and... Jackson is a great guy. But it was never gonna work out, because I love you. I am so in love with you. You're in me. You're like—it's like you’re a disease. It's like I am infected by Mark Sloan and I just can't think about anything or anybody and I can't sleep. I can't breathe. I can't eat. And I love you. I love you all the time. Every minute of every day. I love you. God, that feels good to just say that. I feel so much better. I love you.