5 Highlights of Obama's Presidency
Politics

5 Highlights of Obama's Presidency

15
5 Highlights of Obama's Presidency

As the first African-American President of the United States, he had the whole world watching him for eight years as an example, and managed to fulfill that. Here are some of his highlights while serving as our president.

1. Obama Singing Amazing Grace

Obama visited Charleston, SC to pay his respects towards the nine people who died in the Charleston Church Shooting. With a solemn tone in the air, Obama finishes his speech by singing "Amazing Grace", and instantly spirits are instantly changed. The sudden change in tone is extremely present in this video.

2. Obama's Support of Gay Marriage

In a 5-4 decision from the Supreme Court, on June 26th, 2015 gay marriage was considered legal. Though mixed emotions came from the citizens of the United States, Obama full-heartedly showed his support for gay marriage. Him showing support for gay marriage showed a significant step towards a progressive future.

3. His Reaction to the Sandy Hook Massacre

On December 14th, 2012, innocent lives of children and adults were taken abruptly due to a rifle. With the whole entire United States of America trying to find consul after this event, Obama made an address to the citizens. In his address he emphatically showed raw, pure emotion which shows that even the President of the United States, has been afflicted by this event.

4. His brotherly relationship with Vice President Joe Biden

Joe Biden was seen as the goofier of the two, but they had a extremely strong relationship. Words aren't enough to justify their relationship, so here are some pictures.

5. Being the Single Most Badass President of the United States of America

Though he may have had some flaws, he has done more good to outweigh it. He has been the most culturally adept president of our generation. He was integral in the death of Osama Bin Laden. He is an overall fantastic human being. Love or hate him, he will be recognized for generations as a president to remember.