5 Green Smoothies To Try For The Summer

5 Green Smoothies To Try For The Summer

Get your veggies packed in these healthy green smoothies

30
5 Green Smoothies To Try For The Summer
Tumblr

Ever since summer hit, I've been trying to eat healthier and experiment with green smoothies. At first, I literally had no idea how to make one, but through trial and error, I can now make a great tasting green smoothie, knowing that what I'm drinking is healthy and helping my body. I would also recommend straining the seeds and pulp as it can get pretty thick. Here are some of my favorite recipes!

1. Kale, Pineapple, Banana Smoothie

You can use almond milk as the liquid base.

2. Green Warrior Protein Smoothie

This one is great because it's packed with protein from the hulled hemp seeds and the mango helps break down that protein so they balance out. The other ingredients include grapefruit juice, cucumber, celery, kale, apple and virgin coconut oil.

3. Debloating Smoothie

Contains strawberries, spinach, pineapple, banana, coconut milk.

If you're trying to get beach ready for the summer, this de-bloating smoothie will make you feel less bloated and is packed with nutrition. The pineapple provides a high water concentration which aids in flushing out fluids from the body. The banana provides potassium, and strawberries and spinach help fight bloating through their fiber.

4. Peach Kale Coconut Smoothie

Ingredients: kale, peach, banana, ginger, honey, coconut water.

5. DIY Blueprint Smoothie

This one is supposed to taste similar to the blueprint juices. It contains kale, cucumber, celery, apple, romaine leaves, spinach and lemon juice. This can be quite bitter since there is only apple to sweeten the drink. I would recommend putting in agave nectar or a tiny bit of banana if you want it on the sweeter side.

6. Kale, Pineapple, Banana, Apple, Chia Seeds, Celery, Cucumber, Agave

This is the one I make at home! It's simple and easy, and I blend everything in my NutriBullet. I also strain in twice because it can be very thick and hard to drink. I use coconut water as the liquid base. This is a good smoothie if you want something on the sweeter side. The banana gives it a fruitier taste.

7. Matcha Pear Green Protein Smoothie

Ingredients: pear, spinach, almond milk, 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder, any type of protein powder

8. Sweet Honeydew Mint Smoothie

Ingredients: honeydew, coconut milk, fresh mint, lime juice, agave

9. Spinach Avocado Smoothie

Also includes apple and coconut milk.

10. Spinach, Pineapple, Avocado Smoothie

Liquid base: coconut milk.