5 Go-To Bible Verses for Those Who Suffer

No one said that life would be easy, but I find that my sufferings are what make this life worth living.

36
Snyder Bible Church

After a countless amount of theology classes, you learn a lot about suffering. But with that suffering, you learn a lot more about the love and mercy of God. Suffering leads us back to the cross, where we find new life and hope through Christ’s death and resurrection.

You see, your suffering has a purpose. There a reason behind everything and God would never give you anything that you could not handle.

For those who suffer, here’s 5 Bible verses to bring you comfort during your times of trouble.

1. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10: “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

2. Philippians 4:12-13: "I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance, and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

3. James 1:2-4: "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let the steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

4. Exodus 14:14: "The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent."

5. Romans 5:3-4: "More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."

I pray that you find peace in your suffering, whatever it may be. Trust in God and His plan for you, because it is bigger and better than anything you could ever imagine.

"The heart of the man plans his ways, but the Lord establishes his steps."

Proverbs 16:9