5 Things You Need To Know If You're The Girl In Control Of The Aux Cord

Don't play Broccoli again.

24
eventbrite.com

1. Not everyone is as "hood" as you.

You really feel like everyone will like it. I mean, no, they'll absolutely like it. How could they not? It's a complete banger. You're just waiting to see the looks on their faces when you show them one of the most hype songs ever. You press play and wait, but they're just standing around looking at each other like you're playing something out of an animal adoption commercial. You're disappointed. They're disappointed. At this point you're questioning your choice in friends while frantically scrolling through your playlist to hopefully change their minds about your taste in tunes. Maybe next time give that Gorilla Zoe song a second thought before you play it around your less cultured "friends."

2. If you're the only one dancing, maybe someone else should take over.

Everyone is throwing requests at you like you're running the 8th grade dance and you're just "so over it." What's your next move? You find your secret playlist that you've made private, and it's full of music that you don't want your friends to know about because its just too good for them. If it's acceptable enough for them they'll ask you the name, and you'll give them a smile and shrug. You don't want them to play it for someone else and take credit for it, that would be the end of your DJ career for the six that only you like, and you play it. You've lost track of the number of requests and you want to enjoy yourself because after that, you know you've got to play what the people want.

3. Do not play Broccoli again.

You've played it three times now. Even the two girls in the back of the room are aggressively asking you to play it. You know you shouldn't because you run the risk of everyone else asking to take over the AUX. At one point in time everyone would have asked to hear it, but now we're on to the latest music. The song has been out for months now, and although there are those that will love it forever, most of us have moved on.

4. Someone will always request "that one song" from "that one movie" and you'll have to play it.

Once someone gets the idea that playing music from old movies is acceptable, be prepared for everyone to jump on that train. You're outnumbered and tired, your thumbs hurt from clicking through your playlists, but you're on your last leg of DJ'ing. The Ubers are here and its time to go. Everyone knows you wanted to play that one last rap song, but they certainly do not care because Troy Bolton's solo from HSM2 is way more important.

5. That one pre-made playlist on Spotify is just not good enough for you.

If you're really dedicated, you have over ten different playlists for various activities and moods. Those pre-made playlists just don't cut it because they left out your favorite obscure artist and you are absolutely going to "die" if he/she is not featured during your dance party tonight. People will definitely ask to follow you because your ability to shuffle music is just that great.