5 All Time Favorite Films

5 All Time Favorite Films

Some classics, horror, and chick flicks.

8

I'm more of a T.V. show junkie than a movie lover, but recently I have come across some exceptional films that you need to watch. Below I have compiled a list of some of five of my favorite movies of all time, in no particular order.

1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

I haven't watched a ton of '80s movies like the Breakfast Club (I tried to watch it three times but didn't finish it) or Pretty in Pink, but I've seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off... probably 10 times, at least. The rest of the movies aren't listed in any particular order, but this one is undoubtedly my top pick, partially because they dance to Twist and Shout by the Beatles.

2. Whiplash

I'm sure most of you have heard of the film Whiplash which won three Oscars and was nominated for two others in 2015. It's a heavy and intense movie that you probably won't find yourself falling asleep to.The film is centered around a jazz student in college who is determined to join a very prestigious music group but faces the wrath of an emotionally abusive music instructor.

3. Get Out

Directed by Jordan Peele, Get Out was released just a little over a week ago and has already made it to number one in the box office. No spoilers, but things get kind of weird when an interracial couple visits the Caucasian girlfriend's parents for the weekend. It's difficult to describe how amazing the film is without revealing spoilers, but the combination of horror and comedy, along with underlying messages of racial issues make for one of my favorite films of all time.

4. La La Land

Do I really need to say more? I think that by now we have all heard of another one of Damien Chazelle's unbelievable works: La La Land. Not only is the cast made up of phenomenal actors but the music is just achingly beautiful, thanks in large part to Justin Hurwitz.

5. The Witness

You won't find this one in a theatre near you, but you can watch this Chinese film online with subtitles like I did. The Witness is a mystery and crime film, investigating the case of a young blind woman (Yang Mi) being chased by a psychopath, who abducts many young beautiful women. It also stars my two favorite Chinese actors: Yang Mi and Luhan.