5 Ways to Facilitate A Positive Shopping Experience

This article is to help all frustrated shoppers have a more positive experience when clothes shopping.

103
Honestly Beautiful Blog

Shopping for clothes isn’t easy for anyone whether you’re a size 0 or 24. To label an item of clothing as either small, medium or large completely disregards anyone’s specific body type. There are many factors that contribute to someone’s size that can’t be defined by a lone label. Personally, I become very frustrated when I go shopping. While I don’t have a hard time finding tops, pants are impossible with my short legs and athletic build. This article is for anyone who struggles with finding clothes, avoiding the dressing room or have grown to hate shopping in general. I hope it helps you grow to not fear shopping any longer.

1. Pick a day and stick to it

If you’re someone who doesn’t enjoy shopping, you’ll make tons of excuses not to go. Trust me, I do it all the time. As the summer comes to an end, I know I have to make time for a shopping day. My best advice is to plan to take a day off in advance and schedule your shopping day. Make shopping your only scheduled activity for the entire day. This way you’ll never feel rushed while browsing. Leave early in the morning, hit the stores you need to, and you’ll be done shopping by early afternoon. The earlier you go, the more time you’ll have later in the day to enjoy your favorite activities.

2. Bring someone you trust

Having a friend, parent or sibling come along on your shopping trip can be very beneficial, especially if they’re honest. I always like to have a second opinion when I’m trying on clothes. While I may think a dress hangs on me funny, my mom will usually reassure me that it looks great. At the same time, my mom will be very honest and critical when it comes to something that doesn’t fit me properly. I value her opinion and shopping with her makes my experience much more positive than shopping alone.

3. Disregard the sizes

Don’t let the size of an article of clothing frustrate you, control you or define you. Not all clothing is made equally amongst different brands. While you might be an extra small in one store, you could be a medium somewhere else, and that is completely fine! If you get frustrated by a label, you’ll ruin your whole shopping experience. Don’t be afraid to pull the larger size off the hanger, especially if the clothes look like they run small. As I stated earlier, you are not defined by a tag on the back of your shirt. You are you, and you are beautiful in any size.

4. Stay focused

As tempting as it may be to wander over to colorful athletic wear, you need to keep focused while shopping. If you need to buy pants, go to the pants aisle and stay there until you’ve found a couple pairs to try on. Once you’re absolutely positive you’ll be buying at least one pair, then allow yourself to browse in your favorite section. It’s important to stick to your mission when you’re out shopping. After you’ve accomplished your goal, treat yourself to that pair of neon spandex you’ve been eyeing all day!

5. Maintain a positive attitude

This is the most important piece of advice I can give to any frustrated shopper. Go into every store and dressing room with a smile. Even if you walk out empty handed, there are still plenty of other options out there. Don’t let yourself get discouraged by anything or anyone. Keep that smile on your face and enjoy your shopping experience!