5 Eyeshadow Palettes That Makeup Beginners Need

Welcome to the world of an expensive and beautiful habit.

10029
Sweet Fashion

Welcome to the world of a perpetually empty wallet and more makeup than you honestly need!

You will love and hate liking makeup and soon this casual like will turn into straight up obsession.

When getting your collection started, there are some palettes that you need to have in your collection that will kick start your makeup problem and leave you waiting with bated breath for new brand releases and pre-orders to drop. (Yes, there are even pre-orders for makeup brands. It's that real.)

So, pop open your compact and get your credit card ready, because these eight palettes will make you broke and smokin' hot.

(And if you love yourself, don't waste your money on any "Naked" palettes by Urban Decay. Their other palettes and single shades are great but the color payoff in those palettes are really pitiful.)

Onto the palettes!

1. The Original "Chocolate Bar" Palette by Too Faced Cosmetics

Starting this list off sweet and chocolate-y, the chocolate bar palette is a great mix of warm tones, cool tones and has a variety of finishes to the shadows. With many different matte browns for transition shades, bright cream and champagne tones for highlight and lid colors, and deep purples and maroons to deepen the crease -- you could do a number of looks with this palette alone and not have to reach for another.

And the best part of this palette? Cute chocolate themed packaging and names andthe shadows smell like chocolate!

Price: $56.00

2. "Tartelette 2: In Bloom" by Tarte Cosmetics

Though Tarte Cosmetics has a full matte, cool toned "Tartelette" palette that proceeded this one, "In Bloom" is way better. This is not because I'm more of a warm toned eyeshadow lover -- the palette itself is touts a much better quality formula in its mattes and also includes three shimmer shades that the original palette lacked.

With a bright bone white all the way to a brick brown/red with beautiful pinks and oranges in between, a variety of eye looks can be achieved with this one palette -- from bright natural looks to deep orange smoke. Paired with a huge mirror, this is a study palette that holds its own.

Price: $38.00

3. "35O" by Morphe Brushes

*clouds break and angels sing* This palette is beautiful for those of us that love warm tones. Even if you're not a fan of warm browns, peaches and oranges, I suggest you invest in this palette because it's constantly sold out and has beautiful transition shades.

When the "35O" came out, the hype surrounding this palette was too real. And it was well deserved. You're getting 35 shadows for super cheap -- you can't really expect much. But that's the thing ... the shadows aren't super powdery and most of the mattes blend like a dream. If you're not a huge orange person, other palettes by Morphe like the 35P (purple) or the 35T (taupe) might be for you. Still great payoff.

Price: $38.00

4. "Revealed 2" by Coastal Scents

Remember when I said don't waste your money on "Naked" palettes? This line and particular palette are the reason -- with super pigmentation, great blendability, and the fact you're getting almost double the amount of product than in the Urban Decay palette, for more than half of the price.

With rich rose gold, deep burgundy and rich soft browns, you can do a number of looks from this single palette. On the plus side, there are a number of different finishes that you can tap into to create any start-to-finish-look. The show stopper of this palette are the foiled shadows that truly pack a punch when wet.

Price: $19.95

5. "Comfort Zone" by Wet and Wild

This is the palette that took everyone by surprise, especially since the brand it comes from is sold in drugstores, like Target, Walmart and Walgreens, nationwide. The shades are creamy, pigmented and easy to blend -- and with the rich, grungy tones that are offset with bright peaches and greens, you can create a number of looks from this small little eyeshadow delight.

The only downside of the palette is that even though the metallics and shimmers are pigmented and amazing, there aren't any mattes in the palette. So if you want to do a full look, you'd have to dabble into other products.

Price: $4.99 (wetandwild.com, various drugstores)

Please note that prices are accurate and items in stock as of the time of publication. As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.