5 Entertaining Events To Look Forward To In The United States In 2021

A list of five of the biggest and most entertaining events for the rest of 2021.

8

While things haven't fully returned to normal in 2021, it's looking like things are starting to get better with lockdowns and restrictions being lifted in most states slowly. People are returning to gyms, offices, and corner bars now that approximately half of Americans have had at least one vaccine dosage. Weddings, vacations, and face-to-face meetings are beginning to fill our social calendars, which had been empty for much of 2020.

To celebrate, there are loads of big events planned for the rest of 2021, and we've made a list of five of the biggest and most entertaining among them. If you're looking to get out and enjoy yourself this year, there are plenty of opportunities all over the country. Here are some of the most exciting:

Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas 2021

Another big Las Vegas event that was canceled in 2020 is the Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC). As one of the biggest electronic music festivals, EDC is a must for anyone who loves house or techno music, and it's worth going to just for the huge neon displays and sets. The event has also featured in countries all over the world, including the UK, Mexico, and Puerto Rico, but there's no denying that Las Vegas is its home.

Every year, the EDC brings in record attendances, and although 2020 was canceled, it looks like 2021 could be bigger than ever. Acts expected to perform at this year's EDC Las Vegas include Martin Garrix, Tiësto, Deadmau5, Allison Wonderland. ZHU, Chainsmokers, and DJ Smoke, among many others.

Burning Man

Burning Man is often described as a music festival, but it's much more than that. The event lasts just under two weeks and takes place out in the desert of Nevada. Each year, a temporary city is built and includes giant art structures and unique costumes. Although the event was canceled in 2020, it's returning in 2021, albeit through the internet. Burning Man 2021 will be a virtual event, allowing people from all over the world to attend and enjoy the music as well as some unique experiences.

The US Open

One of the biggest events on the tennis circuit is the US Open. As part of the four Grand Slam tournaments, the event attracts the biggest names in the sport as well as plenty of celebrities in the crowd. Each year the action is played at the Billie Jean King National Tennis Centre in New York, and it's always a spectacle whether you're watching in person or on the TV.

The 2021 World Series of Poker

The 2020 World Series of Poker (WSOP) was due to be the 51st annual event of the world's biggest Poker event. This tournament features loads of different games over a whole month and features millions of dollars in prize money. WSOP is famous around the world for featuring the very best Poker players and is often televised to a global audience. Anyone can enter, but it takes a lot of skill and a big buy-in to compete at one of the best tables.

In 2020, the WSOP was postponed before being rescheduled and played entirely online. If you want to join in the fun of playing online. While players could still compete as normal, it wasn't quite the same, and fans have been expectantly waiting for the next in-person event. This year, WSOP returns to the Rio Casino and Hotel in Las Vegas and will take place between the 30th of September and the 23rd of November.

Thanksgiving Day

Of course, Thanksgiving Day is one of the biggest events in the country, and even when everything was shut down, we still all found a way to give thanks. Even if we couldn't spend time with our families last year, it was still an event to remember, and this year promises to be bigger and better than ever. There will no doubt be a return of parades and lots of public celebrations to join in with.