5 Disney Movies To Watch With Your Roommates This Semester On Disney+

The nostalgia is much needed right now.

887
5  Disney Movies To Watch With Your Roommates This Semester On Disney+
Walt Disney Productions

Being back on campus this year has consisted of movie marathons with roommates and dinner date nights with friends due to COVID-19 regulations. Disney+ has over 500 movies and thousands of TV show episodes to choose from and enjoy in the comfort of your home.

Below are just a handful of my favorite early 2000's films to binge-watch...

1. "The Lizzie McGuire Movie"

"The Lizzie McGuire Movie" starring Hillary Duff is definitely my favorite movie selection on Disney+ and a perfect light-hearted comedy to watch with friends. Lizzie McGuire was a huge icon for me growing up and watching the film now as a 20-year-old still never gets old.

2. "Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie"

If you are a fan of "Wizard's of Waverly Place" the show, you will absolutely love the movie. The Russo's go on a family vacation, and it's full of adventure and family drama.

Selena Gomez is great at playing the role of Alex and never fails to make you laugh. It's a great movie to watch on a lazy Sunday afternoon alone or with your friends.

3. "The Game Plan"

"The Game Plan" is perfect to watch with your boyfriend. It is a great combination of football, dance, comedy, and heartfelt family moments. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson plays the father who is also a pro football player.

During the movie, he finds out that he has a daughter, and over the course of the movie, they grow inseparable. I grew up watching this movie with my own dad, and we both enjoyed it so much.

4. "The Princess Diaries"

"The Princess Diaries" is another great movie available on Disney+. Anne Hathaway stars as Mia Thermopolis in this coming-of-age film.

Mia starts off as an awkward high schooler and grows into a graceful princess. The movie is funny, heartfelt and takes place in the beautiful fictional country of Genovia. If you love it, there are two more movies in the series!

5. "The Parent Trap"

I grew up watching "The Parent Trap" at almost every childhood sleepover in Elementary School. Lindsay Lohan does an outstanding job playing both the characters of "Annie" and "Hallie".

They are twins who were separated at birth because of their parent's divorce and accidentally reunited at a sleepover camp. It really is such an uplifting film to watch with friends or roommates while eating snacks if you are in the mood to both laugh and happy cry.

Everyone needs to check out these five classic rom coms on Disney+ along with the several hundred other films this streaming site has to offer.