5 DCOMs That Bring All The Spooky Feels

5 DCOMs That Bring All The Spooky Feels

From Halloweentown to Twitches, there's a Disney Channel Original Movie for everyone this time of year.

59
5 DCOMs That Bring All The Spooky Feels

Unless you have been living under a rock for the past two decades, you know that DCOMs (Disney Channel Original Movies) are seriously some of the best movies ever created. All DCOMs, like 'The Luck of the Irish' or 'Eddie's Million Dollar Cook-off' are forever cemented as some of Disney's greatest work, but the Halloween/supernatural-themed movies are just even more out of this world incredible.

Cinematic masterpieces like 'Halloweentown' or 'Phantom of the Megaplex,' are like a fine wine and just get better with time. These PG (probably even just G-rated) flicks are perfect when you want a hit of Halloween, but without being scared sh*tless.

With fall, Halloween, and all things spooky just right around the corner, here are some perfect movies to watch with your besties during your midnight movie marathon. So grab that glass of wine and get ready to have a throwback movie experience that'll make you nostalgic for 2007. Regardless of age, you're sure to enjoy these paranormal pictures!

1. 'Halloweentown'

Everyone knows that the 'Halloweentown' franchise will forever wear the DCOM crown. Other legendary Disney movies like 'The Luck of the Irish,' 'Smart House,' or 'Pixel Perfect' are great, but they don't hold a candle to 'Halloweentown.' Debbie Reynolds, Kimberly J. Brown, and the rest of the cast do such a great job, they make me wish I could hop on a flying school bus and go to Halloweentown with my grandmother!

2. 'Twitches'

It's no question that 'Twitches' is a slept on DCOM. But, this movie slaps. This film isn't hit show 'Sister, Sister' that Tia and Tamera Mowry once starred in. However, they still play badass twin sisters with magical powers and capture our hearts just the same. This movie has magic, family, and just the right amount of spooky darkness to make the Disney ending feel as non-cheesy as possible. What more could you ask for?

3. 'Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire'

Another iconic movie that will go down in the Disney history books, 'Mom's Got a Date with a Vampire.' After loving her on 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch,' I will stan Caroline Rhea in everything she does. But besides her, Charles Shaughnessy and the rest of the cast in this film do an excellent job of portraying the spooky vibes. This movie was one of the few that was a little scary also, but in the end, the kids save their mom and figure out how to outsmart a vampire who has been alive for hundreds of years. Which is totally believable, right?

4. 'Don't Look Under the Bed'

This movie was/is/always will be actually terrifying. Like when they went under the bed into the Boogeyworld dimension, it actually gave me nightmares as a child. This is the only film on this list that genuinely is scary and I truly do not understand how this movie is rated TV-PG and not R. Honestly, I don't even know if you should watch it because it's that scary, but it needed to be here. Funny to see how Disney went from making thrilling movies like this to the kind of content they turn out now. Oh, how the times change.

5. 'Phantom of The Megaplex'

Wrapping up the #spookyseason list is the 'Phantom of The Megaplex.' As a kid, this film made you want to run around a movie theater, exploring clues and secret twists. But now I know I would have gotten the f*ck out of that theater when weird stuff started to happen. Like honestly, you could just stream the movie and save yourself the trouble of being harassed by a cloaked figure in the theater. Even though I wouldn't have stayed around that theater, this movie is still great. It has the Disney trifecta of life lessons, family values, and semi-cheesy thrills!