5 Daily Reminders For Every College Student

And I say "daily," because in college, they are easy to forget.

156

Let’s be honest, college is not all it's hyped up to be all the time. College is a place where everything and anything happens. Although the parties are fun and the friends and memories you make are like no other, things like break-ups, stressing over exams or assignments, and life in general, can quickly take control over a person's emotions. When things like this come up, it's easy to forget the amazing person you truly are. To keep you sane, here are a few things you need to tell yourself everyday:

1. You Are Enough

As a college student, things can get stressful and overwhelming in an instant. Constantly getting emails to apply for things, seeing flyers around campus to join clubs and having your adviser telling you to branch out and try this and that, eventually gets under your skin. With that being said, it's almost impossible not to compare yourself to others at one point or another. It's so incredibly important to remember that you are your own person and you are not valued based on how many things you are involved in and or how many things you have on your resume. Being you is all that you can be, and that is more than enough.

2. You Are Loved

Although at times is seems like you are completely alone, you do have a support system. It may be your family, your friends, your sorority or fraternity, or just one specific person—regardless of who it is, there is always going to be someone who loves you no matter what, and they will always be there to remind you how much they love you and how much you mean to them. Reminding yourself that you are loved can ease all the worries of the day.

3. You Can Do It

This sounds so simple, and it's just as simple as it seems. At times it may feel like the world is ending, or you are drowning in work, or you will never finish that 20 page paper you waited until the last minute to write. This is where you take a step back and just breathe. Remind yourself that you’ve done this before, and you can do it again if you believe in yourself that you can.

4. You Are Worth It

This one is more for girls than guys, but we all have those days where we want to stay in bed all day, curled up in a ball, and forget about everything. It is completely normal to feel this way and begin to blame yourself for anything and everything that goes wrong. The pain and hurt sometimes become so unbearable, to the point where you start questioning your worth. Immediately, your first instinct is to give up. Just remember that having a negative attitude and giving up will solve nothing, but only make you feel worse. Instead, you need to lift your head up and remember that you are 100 percent worth it. You are worth getting up every day and looking forward to something every day. You are worth feeling loved and feeling the support from those who give it to you. You are worth working hard to prove to yourself that you can do anything you set your mind to. So stop sitting in bed, feeling sorry for yourself and get up every day with a positive attitude and a smile on your face, because you are worthy of happiness and you are deserving of everything you have in your life.

5. You Are Where You Are Supposed To Be

Although it may not make sense to you now, you will soon realize that you are exactly where you are supposed to be. Change is perfectly normal. It’s okay to change your major, even more than once. It’s okay to not have a boyfriend or girlfriend at this time in your life. It’s okay to feel lost at times. You are not the only one experiencing this. Almost everyone around you is in the same position. Just remember that everything happens for a reason and you are where you're supposed to be for a reason. Live in the moment, enjoy everything you do, and remember that everything will work out in the end.