5 Delicious Soup Ideas

5 Classic Soups For Autumn

Something Warm for Those Chilly Days

104

The changing leaves, the chilly weather, the smell of autumn in the air. The constant debate about whether life is about #pumpkinspice or #applecider. Sweaters, scarves, boots and that one super comfy pair of jeans all add up to a perfect autumn season. With the rapidly cooling weather, comfort food comes to the mind. So what food do you turn to the most as a way to fight off the cold? For at least my household, the best way to do that is through soup. Following are five classic soups that are great for this time of year!

Chicken Noodle

Chicken Soup

upload.wikimedia.org

Chicken Noodle soup is THE classic soup staple for when you're sick, cold, or just feeling like an easy meal. I know when I was sick, nothing could beat warm chicken noodle soup, especially of the homemade variety. As a "grown up" with a busy schedule and all those lovely life hurdles, spending all day making homemade chicken noodle soup isn't really my best option. Liz Fourez and her site lovegrowswild.com have combatted this issue for me. She provides a 30-minute homemade chicken noodle recipe for those nights where you need the extra warmth.

Baked Potato 

Baked Potato

c1.staticflickr.com

One of my favorite 30-minute staples is loaded baked potato soup. For me, cold weather equals comfort foods. There are so many ways that you can dress up the soup to cater to your tastes. Bonus points for the fact that even my picky eater loves it even if it's only because it involves bacon. There are a billion different recipes for this soup and some do take longer than others. One of my favorites for when I've put off washing my crockpot and still want this creamy soup takes only 35 minutes total. The recipe comes from the "I Heart Naptime Cookbook" but I found it on iwashyoudry.com.

French Onion

French Onion

upload.wikimedia.org

Now, I'm not a big fan of French onion soup unless I have some fresh baked bread to dip in it. However, I do know a few people who absolutely l-o-v-e love to eat this soup. This soup does tend to take a little bit longer than the other recipes so far but the results are well worth it. The recipe that I like to use comes from the Food Network and was posted courtesy of Tyler Florence. The recipe does take 1 hour and 10 minutes. However, I promise whether you eat it with fresh bread or on its own, you'll love it.

Cheddar Broccoli

Cheddar Broccoli

c1.staticflickr.com

Now, I'm not normally a fan of broccoli. In fact, I'm probably worse than most toddlers when it comes to the mini tree veggies. There's just something about dousing those little green spruces in cheese that sets my mouth watering. This makes cheddar broccoli soup a great choice when I'm feeling low on my veggie intake. The recipe comes from a food blogger on his site 101cookingfortwo.com. It takes an hour to make but comes out delicious. The site also offers options to make the soup more like Panera's or to add certain ingredients that may be more appealing.

Tomato Basil

Tomato Basil

upload.wikimedia.org

I'm not a big fan of the taste of tomato in general. However, nothing goes better with a grilled cheese sandwich than creamy tomato basil soup. It's also an incredibly good staple for those chilly days. The total time for this recipe is 30 minutes and it's a relatively easy recipe to follow. The recipe comes from dontsweattherecipe.com. A bonus additive with this recipe is that it can be made to be completely vegetarian. I find it pairs well with both your standard grilled cheese sandwich or with a mozzarella based grilled cheese sandwich.