5 Celebrities You didn't know Have Autism

5 Celebrities Believed To Be On The Autism Spectrum

Autism is a spectrum, and its symptoms can manifest in many different ways, you may not even notice someone has Autism unless they tell you

381

Autism is a neurological illness that is very difficult to pinpoint. The symptoms usually manifest in social skills, like difficulty communicating, difficulty understanding nonverbal cues, and repetitive behaviors. However, the symptoms of Autism range drastically in severity. Someone you know well, like celebrities, may have autism, but you wouldn't know

1. Andy Warhol

Andy Warhol is an American artist best known for popularizing pop art. Though never formally diagnosed, many historians and close acquaintances of Warhol consider his disregard for social interaction a symptom of Autism. We can never be sure, but some believe that his autistic symptoms may have been the key to his art.

2. Courtney Love

Courtney Love, best known as lead singer of Hole and wife of the late Kurt Cobain. As revealed in her autobiography, at 9 years old Courtney Love was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome, a mild form of Autism.

3. Dan Harmon

Dan Harmon, mastermind behind Ricky and Morty, self-diagnosed himself as being somewhere on the Autism Spectrum. After doing some research for a character her was developing, Harmon realized that he identifies with many of the signature symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder

4. Susan Boyle

Many know Susan Boyle from Britain's Got Talent where she amazed the world with her voice! Since her appearance on Britain's Got Talent, Susan Boyle has gone on to release album upon album. She also was recently diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, a Autism Spectrum Disorder often described as "functional autism". For a long time, Boyle believed her symptoms were due to brain damage from lack of oxygen at birth until she recently was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome in 2013.

5. Bill Gates

Like acquaintances of Andy Warhol, many close to founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, believe him to be somewhere on the Autism Spectrum. Many often indicate his essentricies, like his tendcy to rocky back and forth, a form of stimulation in those with autism, as a sign of the condition.