5 Bible Verses To Remember As You Go Back To College

Coffee is a great remedy for a tired self, and God is a great remedy for a tired heart.

21
Bloglovin.com

Uh-oh. College is approaching faster than ever (hello senior year for me!) With college being right around the corner I wanted to compile a list of Bible verses to help you in your times of trouble and stress that college tends to bring.

1. When you are tired and feel like giving up

"But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded"
-2 Chronicles 15:7
(NIV)

Coffee is your best friend in college. We know that this is a great remedy to use for waking yourself up, but along with your 12:00am coffee, don't forget who to call on when you feel like giving up.

2. When life takes an unexpected turn

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths."
-Proverbs 3:50-6 (ESV)

College is unpredictable at times. Sometimes you may have a family crisis come up, sending you all the way home to go take care of the matter. Sometimes you may end up with the stomach virus and have to miss class for a day. Whether it is something big or something small, there isn't one thing that God cannot do. Trust in Him.

3. When you feel lonely and unwanted

"For the sake of his great name the Lord will not reject his people, because the Lord was pleased to make you his own." -1 Samuel 12:22 (NIV)

These times may come, and that is okay. It is human to feel lonely and unwanted, because thats just how life works. In these times you should always remember whom you are wanted by, and whom will never ever leave you. God is there for you in these times when your friendships seem to take a turn or when that boy doesn't text you back. He is there for you. Just remember if a friendship fails, or a boy breaks your heart it was because God was protecting you.

4. When you are anxious and nervous

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)

A huge test is coming up, or exams are approaching so fast and you feel so un prepared and ready for them! This is the common college student struggle. Just remember that one F you made on that test you couldn't seem to grasp is not going to matter in a year! You have the ability to do better next time!

5. When you feel impatient with someone

"Know this my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger, for the anger of man does not produce righteousness of God."- James 1:19-20 (ESV)

Whether it is having loud roommates or a professor who doesn't give you any slack, impatience is bound to haunt you within your college career at some point. Just remember that this is all temporary. Find your outlet when you feel impatient and frustrated with others! Always ask God for the strength to handle these situations!

Never forget to thank God for all of your blessings. Even though you are going to have many frustrations and struggles within your college career, you are going to have so many more little victories to celebrate! Just remember who to thank!