5 Best Things About Going Home For Winter Break

As told by the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia cast

26

Ahhhhh winter break. It's cold and gray outside, there's a fire crackling... maybe not yours, but still. There's the smell of Christmas in the air and best of all, it's the end of the semester. You've made it through finals, you're done with school for about a month, and chances are you're going home for at least a couple of days to see your family for the holidays. There's always nice things about going home; seeing friends and family that you haven't in a while, sleeping in, having your own shower (or at least know who uses it and that it's cleaned properly all the time) - I could go on and on... and so I will.

1. Home Cooked Meals

Yo, if your favorite thing about going home for winter break isn't all the free, home cooked meals, then I don't know what to tell you, man. Something about not having to worry about food or what you're going to cook is one of the most underrated, best feelings in the world. Hands down.

2. Sleeping in

Okay, now you can do this in college and sometimes it's hard to sleep in at home. Especially around the holidays because if your family is anything like mine, people want to see you, and sleep is for the weak. That and your parents set up all your doctor appointments for when you get back so you don't have to do them in college.

3. Your own room

IF YOU STILL LIVE IN A DORM YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Hell, even if you don't still live in a dorm but you did at one point - you know the scarcity of your own room. Of being able to close the door and be by yourself and not have your roommate/a total stranger be only 6 feet away from you.

4. Parents taking care of you

Sick? Mom's got that noodle soup going. Need help with a class or financial issues? Dad's there to teach you to budget (or switch the roles, combine the roles, however your family dynamic works. You do you, boo). But having your parents treat you like a child is never appreciated more. Because even though it's great to be independent and on your own, sometimes it's just really, really nice to be treated like a kid again.

5. Christmas, man.

Because helloooooooooooooooo. I don't really think there's more I can say about this, because if you don't get it now, you never will.