5 Perks Of Being An Only Child

5 Perks Of Being An Only Child

It's not so bad being the only kid.

69
5 Perks Of Being An Only Child
mscend.net

Being an only child has its ups and downs, as does everything surrounding our early lives. It’s very common for a family to at least have two children within a household, and so meeting another single child is always an interesting encounter. All of my life, I either hear complements along the lines of how lucky I must be, to saddening ideas stating that I must be so lonely. I cannot say that I agree I have been graced with being the only child in the home, and I cannot say that I am deeply lonely. However, being an only child has does have some perks.

1. Spending a lot of time on your own has created a great imagination.

No, we are not lonely all the time. With the help of over-excessive Nickelodeon/Disney binge-watching, not only are our impressions of various characters impeccable, but they also aided us to cope with the most boring of tasks since a young age.

2. You have always been amazing at communicating with adults.

Maybe it is the idea of living without a companion your age that draws adults to socialize with kids who do not have any siblings, or maybe the simple fact that we are pretty extravagant people. Either way, living without someone your age is not so bad.

3. Your best friends become your family.

Without a doubt, our friends are not 'friends' but rather family. Not only are they your support system, but your friends become family to your own, real family. It is so amazing to have trusted allies while growing up, with infinite sleepovers and bonds that can last forever.

4. Your parents are your best friends.

You do not always need that Big Sis or Big Bro to guide you in life through the tough times, sometimes a parent is just as great. Being an only child draws you closer to your parents because they always want to help you. Having such a close bond can help while you grow up and begin your own life. We love parents. Step Parents, Grandparents, Godparents, Aunts/Uncles. Anyone who might have raised you. :)

5. You are strong and independent.

Being an only child has only prepared you to face the real world head on without any fear of leaving anyone behind. With your own weight being carried gracefully on your own shoulders, nothing can stop you.

And finally... You have never had to share a room.

Siblings would be so fun to have. Tiny, loving companions. However, I have my comforting bed instead, and it does not yell when its bored.