5 Benefits Of Knowing Useless Trivia

5 Benefits Of Knowing Useless Trivia

Having a passel of useless information floating around in your brain might not get you into the cool kids club, but it might just win you a million dollars.

355
5 Benefits Of Knowing Useless Trivia
kaba35.com

While being the know-it-all has its drawbacks, there are also some advantages of knowing a jumble of fun facts. Here are five benefits of having an encyclopedia in your mind.

1. People think you're smart

When you can randomly assert that Kuala Lumpur is indeed the capital of Malalysia, you seem like you would know the answer to almost anything. No one needs to know about that "F" you got on your last Stats test.

2. Being the real MVP when it comes to trivia games

If your friends find your endless stream of useless knowledge annoying most of the time, they will be grateful for it when the time comes to break out Trivial Pursuit. Who else is going to save the team when it comes to knowing the exact word count of the Gettysburg Address?

3. It can serve as a great conversation starter

You: "Hey, did you know that coffee originated in Africa?"

Random Coffee Shop Patron: "I did not. Please tell me more!"

Easy as that.

4. Meeting other trivia junkies

When you find a fellow fun fact enthusiast, the connection can be instantaneous. You can finally have a discussion where completely irrelevant pieces of information can be interjected just to show off without being judged.

5. You could win big money

Having a good command of random fun facts on a game show could result in a huge payday. That million-dollar prize might just be in reach if your trivia game is strong. And everybody said that knowing all that trivia was useless.