5 Bands That Stand Out

When you go to the extreme length to find new music and sub-genres, you tend to find the odd ones that stand out. This is what I'll precisely talk about, the weirdest bands that have caught my attention. Some of them tend to be from a genre that can be weird and gross but, these are the ones that are different and unique and cool. One of these is a bit gross for their lyrical content, the others are fine.

1) Gutalax (Goregrind)

Gutalax, the gore-grind genre itself is weird and strange, incorporating elements from the grind-core and gore genre, these bands tend to have indiscernible vocals, short song length, weirdest names of bands and lyrics. However, Gutalax stands out for me only because of their lyrical content, which is about feces. Yeah, songs dedicated about feces can make people shiver in fear and disgust even thinking about it. The only upside is the band has a really good front-man who has energy and enthusiasm when performing.

2) Mac Sabbath (Heavy Metal)

It is not a list of strange bands without Mac Sabbath to be in it. Mac Sabbath, are a heavy metal tribute band. Their name is a parody of Black Sabbath and they all wear costumes of characters from McDonald's franchise. Lyrics are also a parody of songs from Black Sabbath but replacing the lyrics with all things McDonald's. This is a pretty cool gimmick and a bit humorous just listening and tuning to songs about burgers.

3) Okilly Dokilly (Metalcore)

Ever wanted a band that was dedicated to Ned Flanders from the Simpsons? If so, then you are in luck because it exists and the members of this band dress up as Ned and have Ned in their stage name. Formed in 2015, Okilly Dokilly immediately was trending as their concept of being a band based on Ned Flanders spread like wildfire. The lyrical content of the band are quotes from Ned Flanders and the rest are original lyrical content.

4) Gwar (Heavy Metal)

Gwar is a band where members are dressed in cool science fiction warrior costume and paint. Based on a background of a mythology that explains the band's origins and purpose. Gwar also sprays the audience with fake blood and are known to have dummies of celebrities for some songs.

5) Macabre (Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Grindcore)

Macabre is a Death Metal band that is different from other bands from this genre and makes it unique for a reason. That reason is that its lyrics are based on serial killers, massacres, and other infamous people such as Countess Bathory, Vlad the Impaler, and murders. For this reason, Macabre is unique and more outstanding when compared to others within the genre that tend to have very similar lyrical content. The band also uses clean vocals and a bit sounding of a poetic rhythm when using clean vocals.

These bands are all unique for their own reasons and ability to stand out. They made the choice to have a certain costume, or lyrics that make them a fresh breathe for people or listerns of a genre.