5 Back-to-School Drinking Games

5 Back-to-School Drinking Games

Drinking games to ease you back into your tailgate season drinking habits

1027
5 Back-to-School Drinking Games
Popular Science

5 back-to-school drinking games

• Anchorman
    • Arrange into two teams of either 3 or 4 players on each side. Fill the large mug with beer, and place it in the middle of a table, and finally each team takes 3 quarters.
    • The objective of the alcohol-drinking game is to be the first team to shoot all 3 quarters into the mug of beer in the middle. Before a game starts, each team must choose a player to be the "Anchorman," who in the case of a loss, must be prepared to drink the bulk of the alcohol from the central mug.
    • When the game starts, each team takes alternating turns shooting their quarter into the mug (not a rapid-paced race). The first team to get 3 quarters in is the winner of that round, and the other team must drink the mug, where the anchorman drinks whatever his teammates don't finish
  • Drink while you think
    • This drinking game is based on naming famous people, and focuses on the first letter of the famous person's last name. For instance, if the first name is Michael Jordan, then the next person chugs their beer until they think of a famous person who's first name begins with 'J', like "James Franco." Names cannot be repeated, so the longer than game lasts, the harder it gets, and the more alcohol is drank.
  • Beer hunter
    • All you need for this game is a sixpack, a box, and people to play with you.
    • Take one can. Shake it. Till it's about to blow up. Then put it in the box with the others and mix them around (one person not looking) and then switch them around again (the other person not looking). Basically, nobody knows where it is.
    • Now, one person picks a can, holds it to their head at an angle, and opens it. If it's not the one, they have to drink it. If it is the one, they get a wet head and you can start all over or whatever. Then, if it wasn't the one, the next player takes one and tries. etc.
  • Thunderstruck
    • The Thunderstruck drinking game starts when the song starts. When the word "thunder" is heard, the first person starts drinking, not stopping until the word "thunder" is said again. At that point, the next person begins to drink. This continues around the circle until the song ends. If everyone's feeling nice, people stuck in guitar solos can tap out if they need to.
  • Horse race
    • The setup for this drinking game will resemble a tall "L." First, find the four Aces and arrange them side by side on the short end of the "L" shape. Then, lay the next 8 cards off the top of the deck face-down along the tall side of the "L," starting the first row ABOVE the row of Aces. Finally, appoint someone the race "announcer," who will flip the cards throughout the game.
    • Before each horse race begins, every player places a bet (number of drinks wagered) on a suit of their choice that will win the race (where the Ace of that suit represents the horse). Then, before the race begins, each player drinks half of their wager, and the race is off!
    • The announcer begins the game by flipping one card at a time from the top of the deck of cards. Aces advance one row at a time if they match the suit of the card as they are flipped. For instance, if the five of spades is flipped, the Ace of Spades advances one row. This process continues until one card eventually advances past the final row.
    • Each first time all four Aces have reached the same row (they don't all need to be there at the same time), the face-down card representing that row in the "L" shape is flipped over, and the Ace of that suit is moved back 1 row. Also, we always encourage people to find new ways of making these games more fun, such as wagering drinks on what the side-column cards will be before they're flipped. If you and your friends think of some other good rules, share them with us in the comments section below!