5 Apps Every College Student Should Have On Their Phone

Yes, they're FREE (a college students favorite word)!

54
Photo by Miesha Moriniere from Pexels

1. GroupMe

Whether it’s to chat with the 500 people in your massive Economics lecture or group members for a project where you don’t feel comfortable giving them your phone number, GroupMe is an easy way to chat with other college students. GroupMe provides features like creating polls, the ability to like messages, and being able to mute the conversation if it won’t stop blowing up your phone.

This app helps eliminate the awkward moment when you want to create a group message and realize that one of your members have an Android. You can even access your conversations on your computer if you don’t have your phone handy.

2. Venmo

Venmo allows you to pay friends back quickly and avoid ever having to worry about awkward IOUs. After connecting your payment method, Venmo allows you to quickly send money to friends or even request money if they owe you. This easy-to-use app will transfer funds to your bank account whenever you please with no transaction fee.

This app comes in handy if you’re splitting the check with someone at dinner or buying concert tickets off someone from Facebook. It eliminates the phrase, “Sorry I don’t have any cash on me!”

3. Kroger

For most, college is the first time that you’re sent off to battle the crowds at the grocery store… without your mom. The whole experience can feel like a whirlwind that leaves you feeling overwhelmed with trying to not forget anything and also getting the best deals. The Kroger app has all the things you need to have a successful “adult” shopping trip.

With features such as a section where you can personalize a shopping list (it even tells you which aisle you can find the products you’re looking for), digital coupons that you can add directly to your plus card so you don’t have to scan them all when checking-out, and you can even check how many fuel points you have accumulated just by buying groceries! This is a must-have app for any student in need of more organization while still buying on a budget.

4. Quizlet

Hand-writing flashcards can be a pain so many college students use Quizlet as the efficient alternative. The Quizlet app has almost all of the same features as the website but available to you on the go! Just stick to the basics by flipping through your flashcards, or use the new “Learn” aspect to help drill the terms into your memory by actually learning the terms rather than just memorizing them.

This app allows you to study while walking to class without having to worry about lugging around a huge stack of flashcards.

5. Google Docs

Google Docs is most useful in situations where you’re required to collaborate with other people in a group setting. After sharing the document through email, you are able to simultaneously work with other students on the same document. Having the app could allow you to work on the document without having to pull your computer out if you just have to quickly update something.

This app also presents students with the ability to get stuff done anytime even without having any internet connection! Be more productive and create, edit and collaborate anytime with this free app.